DVD extractor

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Does anybody know of any DVD extractor soft? Something that you had tested please.

I have a DVD futage that I want to use in a live show but just a fragment of it, I have to edit it.

Thanx.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Nice, but now how do I transfer that .vob format in to a Quicktime compatible format?

Comment

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
You have to demux the streams, so you'll end up with a sound file and a video file. Then use a tool such as mpeg2decoder to convert the files. You should then be able to use them within quicktime.

It takes a while... not much you can do about that i'm afraid.

Comment

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by MacAztec

What about for OS X?

I want to rent a few DVDs and you know, use them on my computer ;)

Arn's already asked several times that we don't discuss illegal activities here, so i'm not going to go into it any more than i have. Just take my word for it: it's much faster in 9.

Comment

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by britboy

Arn's already asked several times that we don't discuss illegal activities here, so i'm not going to go into it any more than i have. Just take my word for it: it's much faster in 9.
Oh.....But I love illeagal activities soooooo much.;)

Is it illeagal to put DVD's onto your computer if you own them?:confused: I know that it would be if you rented it and put it on.

Comment

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by me hate windows

Is it illeagal to put DVD's onto your computer if you own them?:confused: I know that it would be if you rented it and put it on.

It is, yes. Virtually all commercial DVD's have CSS encryption on them. To save them to your hard drive, in a way that it can be played back, you have to cirumvent their encryption. That act is itself illegal.

Just a note though: i don't know all that much about the laws surrounding DVD hacking, and how it all works, so i could be wrong with my statements.

Comment

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
For OS X DVD fun.

Do a search for osEx. Or OSeX. I can't remember which.

All I'll say.

Taft

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.