Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crazycole2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2003
I burned a DVD-R filled with data on my Mac G4 1.25. and when it was completed it showed on my mac that it had all the data but when i brought it to my friends house, he has a PC, it showed up blank... what gives

Billy

mattmack

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2002
San Francisco Area
Re: DVD on windows

Originally posted by Crazycole2001
I burned a DVD-R filled with data on my Mac G4 1.25. and when it was completed it showed on my mac that it had all the data but when i brought it to my friends house, he has a PC, it showed up blank... what gives

Billy
What format did you use on the disc was it a hybrid or mac only?
Also what app did you use to burn the disc with?

Crazycole2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2003
i just dragged the items into the dvd... then dragged it into the burn icon in the dock... is there a better way?
it was the dvd the mac came with

mattmack

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2002
San Francisco Area
Originally posted by Crazycole2001
i just dragged the items into the dvd... then dragged it into the burn icon in the dock... is there a better way?
it was the dvd the mac came with
I tend to use toast for hybrid data cds I believe it is a function in toast lite available here
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10289&vid=100874
I don't have experience with desktop burning since my cd-rww is not supported through itunes, but it would make sense that a mac would burn a mac data cd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.