Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
i have a yosemite g3 at home... with dvd drive. you saying that i can now play dvds again on this machine? (im not at home and cant check yet)

S

Sayer

Hah

Don't all you whiners who bitched and moaned about no DVD support on your ancient G3 B&W sound stupid now?

Geeze, Apple is made up of human beings who must work in this universe of time and space to write, test and debug code for a TON of hardware configurations all running a brand new OS that itself has many issues yet.

Geeze, what's next - Class Action Lawsuit against Apple because they lack a shipping MPEG-4 CODEC for QuickTime despite MPEG-4 being based on the QuickTime file format?

I got it, a Class Action Lawsuit alleging Apple is is guilty of collusion with third-party mice makers wherein Apple deliberately restricts the functionality of its mice to direct business to Logitech and Macally and the resulting health problems caused by having to press the Control Key and the Mouse button to get a "right click" feature on the Mac OS. Quick call the ACLU! Apple is forcing you to Think Different!

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
CAL

Sayer: Lol ;)

This update was out of the blue, but thanks Apple! I'm not sure what it fixed for those of us with software decoders, but not a single crash or hiccup here yet!

cunnin61

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2001
Works great on a beige G3 with Radeon

Works great on a beige G3 with Radeon. You can check out xlr8yourmac.com to find out how to install it, if you don't own a newer computer to copy it from.

mstur

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2001
DVD 3.0.1 still incompatible with PB Lombard

As nice as it is to hear that the Beige and the Tupperware G3 are now able to play DVDs in OSX, I do not understand why the DVD player in my Powerbook G3 (Lombard) is still not supported...

Powerbooks are more expensive, are used more on the road and therefore should more likely be used for playing DVDs, and should definitely be supported at least for two years after introduction !!

Hoping for some good news with DVD player 3.0.2...

Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.