Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
All prices in this post are in Australian dollars.

Apple sells DVD-Rs for $11 a pop. I was wondering what other places were charging so I went to Harvey Norman to have a look. They had Sony DVD-Rs for $25 a pop and Sony DVD-RWs for $30 a pop.

Just wondering if Apple is selling dodgy DVD-Rs or if Sony sells really good DVD-Rs? And isn't is strange that for an extra $5 you can get a DVD-RW instead of a DVD-R?

My money is on Harvey Norman just over-pricing their goods, but I thought I'd ask, just in case...

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Thanks guys.

What about DVD-RWs... Is the 104 drive compatible with all/most discs? Any particular brand that you would recommend?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
For a DVD-RW Drive, I recommend getting one from Lacie.

No, I do not have the DVD-RW, but my father and I are sick of low-capacity ZIP disks, and we use Lacie CD-RWs. We have not had any major errors with Lacie drives. (Use the button to close the drive, not your hand!)

Beej, as for a catch phrase, here is a version from IHop. (If anyone else already has this catch phrase for their forums, I truly do not mean to rip you off.)

"Anytime's a great time for iPod!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.