Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
When I connect another display to my TiBook, I get this error message.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• dvderror.jpg
    dvderror.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 246

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
when i took my tibook to school to hook it up to a projector to play a DVD for our class towards the end of the year, it spazzed out too. not like that, but the frame rate cut to like one every two seconds, and it just went haywire. i was so embarrassed. we had to bust out a normal DVD player. it's really trashy if you ask me. i think they are abiding by some rule about having software that stops users from like recording stuff straight out of s digital quality feed. were you using your DVI out port or your s-video port?

gernb

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2002
what the heck is that little gremlin thing on the bottom right of the stop sign?

i have never seen that creature before...maybe i'm just missing out.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
DVD(OSX) player doesn't like working on "Spanned" Desktops, If requires Mirrored, and even then It only in on the connected screen. A solution is to close the TiBook, use a KB and a Mouse like a desktop and try it that way. DVD Player (OS9) however wants "spanned" desktops, then you have to drag the video window to the desired screen, then make full screen, and it will play on that screen.

TEG

jzieske

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2003
Bloomington, MN
creature

Originally posted by gernb
what the heck is that little gremlin thing on the bottom right of the stop sign?

I want that creature as my desktop.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by gernb

that's an icon of stitch, from disney's Lilo & Stitch! he rocks. rajj probably made it his custom icon for DVD player.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.