DVD Ripping to play back on a WD TV Live Media Player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jenndye, Aug 3, 2010.

1. jenndye macrumors newbie

I have ripped several TV Season DVDs that I own onto a hard drive, which I have then connected to my WD TV Live Media Player. Up until now, I haven't had any issues (although the media player doesn't recognize menus or chapters, so I have to fast forward through episodes if I leave off of one). However, one TV season will not playback properly; it's Leverage Season 1. Leverage Season 2 ripped fine and plays back fine. However, season 1 only plays the first episode of each disc (e.g. if the season has 4 discs, it will only play the first episode on each of those discs I ripped). However, if I play the file on my macbook, I can play all episodes on the disc. I was using Mac the Ripper, but after this happened, I tried Ripit. With Ripit, it was a black screen when I tried to play it back on my media player (although I could still play all the episodes if I opened the media file on my macbook). Both ripping software performed a successful rip. I am at my wits end; I'm not sure if it's a ripping issue per say or if I need to go to different forum for the media player. As I said, I have other tv seasons I own that I have ripped and they all work fine - it's just this one TV season that doesn't work properly! Help - suggestions, advice, guidance, etc.!! Thanks so much in advance...Jenn

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Nice paragraph! First thing I'd try is attempting two or three paragraphs. You can even use the same sentences. That will attract people to be willing to read your mess.

With that out of the way, have you tried using Handbrake?

3. MCRunning macrumors 6502

Too hard to read that giant block of text. Once you have ripped the DVD's, use handbrake to encode them. Should playback fine