Dvd stuck in superdrive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Komic, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Komic macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I picked up a 13" '08 Macbook pro, everything's great apart from a dvd being stuck in the drive.

I've tried all the usual tricks that come up on google, holding eject/trackpad on start up, eject in commands/itunes and the thin piece of card under/over the disc but nothing has worked.

When holding eject it sounds like the disc hits something as it tries to eject but due to the felt I can't see inside to see what it is?

Anyone had this problem before? I've contemplated getting the screw driver out but not being massively competent with taking computers apart it's a last resort.

Any help massively appreciated!:)

2. smeg36 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've had this happen to a friend's computer. I was able to get the disk out by ejecting while holding the computer with the drive opening facing the ground. Disk came right out.

3. Komic thread starter macrumors newbie

No joy.

Tried that and holding it at 45 degrees and all sorts, might have to resort to getting out the tools or paying someone.

4. Ferry888 macrumors member

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqfS_ACuPI

5. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

shut down and start it up while pressing down on the track pad

6. tjb1 macrumors 68000

No one seems to read posts anymore.

7. ridnhard19 macrumors member

Worst case you'll have to take the drive out then apart. I had to do that when one of my disks was stuck. Couple screws, no big deal. They tape the optical drive on one of the sides; but if you remove the screws you can open it enough from the non-taped side to pull the disk out.

No one will ever know ;) Good luck.

8. Komic thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I'll have to get the screwdrivers out, thanks for the suggestions though, just hoped I wouldn't have to go down this route, mostly due to laziness rather than a fear of stupidity taking over.