DVD Studio Pro 1.5 Pics

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
The interesting thing here is with a little trial and error and some adjustment in photoshop you could get the product code from the first screen shot.

Nebrie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
Those pics....

Look like they were stolen from the ones posted by DriveX in the MacNN forums last week.

mangis

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
I saw the new dvd pro 1.5 at tokyo MacWorld.

It was up and running on a dial gig (like mine!).

It was absolutely working! I expect release any day. It was cool seing the demo work on OSX.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Question: Why would Apple release a 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, etc. version of anything? The last time I remember Apple doing that with any major type of software was Mac OS 8.5. Apple usually goes straight up to the following version.

Besides, it would make sense. I mean, what would it mean for Apple if they came out with Studio 1.5? It is like saying "This is version one and a half of our software."

I have a hat with my name on it!

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
it basically means that they are working on 2.0 and its going to be ridiculous; but its not long enough away to calla 3.0 release. At least thats what I would suspect.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
sparkleytone, nice save.

Way to go on 300! Did you notice?

Another question: If Apple came out with Studio 2, what would you like to see improved, add, changed, or removed?

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Originally posted by King Cobra
I mean, what would it mean for Apple if they came out with Studio 1.5? It is like saying "This is version one and a half of our software."
Eh? I'm not sure that's quite what version numbers mean! :D

I'm running OS X, which is 10 and thirteen one hundredths of Apple's software! He he he...

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by Beej
Eh? I'm not sure that's quite what version numbers mean! :D

I'm running OS X, which is 10 and thirteen one hundredths of Apple's software! He he he...
Easy, big guy.

I was not talking about the operating system. I wanted to mention just major $1000 software titles.

I have a hat with my name on it.

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Originally posted by King Cobra
Question: Why would Apple release a 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, etc. version of anything? The last time I remember Apple doing that with any major type of software was Mac OS 8.5. Apple usually goes straight up to the following version.

Besides, it would make sense. I mean, what would it mean for Apple if they came out with Studio 1.5? It is like saying "This is version one and a half of our software."

Think it's because there are not that many new features in the app, besides OS X compabillity, but I could be mistaken.

BTW, FCP went up to version 1.2.5, when Apple added PAL support, before making the step to 2.0...