Early 2013 13" rMBP - lag issues related to Safari?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sofianito, Jun 14, 2013.

1. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

I have been playing around with the early 2013 13" rMBP 2.6Ghz core i5, 8GB memory, 256GB flash at my local apple store. I did the following test with Safari 6.0.3 under ML 10.8.3: It consisted in opening several tabs (less than 10), choose randomly a tab, and maximize and unmaximize by clicking on the + green button located on the window's title bar. In some tabs it works fine (normal speed though), but in others I could observe something similar when you open slowly a rolled carpet :eek:

It sounds like an issue with safari. I didn't test it with firefox or chrome...

Could someone confirm it?

2. someguy50 macrumors newbie

Pretty well documented issue. Retina MBP, especially the 13", sometimes have trouble pushing all those pixels. There may be an article on Anandtech I believe, maybe their review of the unit.

When scrolling through sites, certain animations, they got something like:

cMBP: 45-60 FPS
    rMBP: ~20 FPS

3. sofianito thread starter macrumors 65816

sofianito

In my test case I am just maximizing/unmaximizing the window, which I think is different from the scrolling test case done in certain heavy websites such as the verge...

I thought the early 2013 rMBP hardware update in conjunction with ML partches fixed those issues...

4. Mr. RPG macrumors 6502a

1.8.4 did I thought and the newest Safari updates.

The machine you used weren't running either of these new updates when you were at the Apple Store.