Early delivery before the 21st

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I remember you guys who pre order iPhone 4 2010 would post you received the iPhone couple days earlier before launch. Same with the 4S. I wouldn't know because I always camp outside apple. This time I am pre-ordering, I am wondering how many days before launch was it that some people got it delivered ?

2. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

One.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

One or two, I believe.

I'm pretty sure Apple leaves FedEx explicit instructions to hold til the 21st, so if you want to increase your chances I'd order from your carrier.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I don't ever see it being more than one day early. What I'm curious about is the chances of getting it a day early.

5. jian macrumors regular

The chance is as low as you getting a job at Apple.
    No offense, my point was to point out that the chance to work at Apple is lower than getting into Harvard, yet it's still at least 100x more likely than to receive your iPhone early
    :):)

6. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

i know right, there always seem to be people who get theres early every year, do you have to be the first one to hit submit when it goes live or what?

7. calvy macrumors 65816

I got my iPhone 4 a day early. But nothing else. I'm not expecting my 5 early, but if it should show up early, I certainly won't complain.

8. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I think with the 4S, Apple enforced strict holds on the iPhones to be delivered on the launch day and no sooner. They were stored in warehouses in the mean time. Some slip through, it's bound to happen. But expect these same holds this year.

9. emaja macrumors 68000

I got my iPhone 4 a day early, but the 4S on launch day. I don't remember hearing that anyone got their 4S early, but I could be wrong.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It is someone at fedex being a moron and does not know how to read the shrink wrap that says..."do not deliver until september 21st"

11. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Will pre orders receive their phone on launch day? If so can you link me where you saw that.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

there is no link, but it has been delivered on launch day since pre-orders started.

13. emaja macrumors 68000

It's been like that for all previous launches, so I expect this one to be no different.

If not, what would the advantage of pre-ordering be?

14. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Not making the huge line I suppose.

15. Tucana macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what the official release date was on the iPhone 4, but I preordered through AT&T and received it on a Wednesday. I thought it was two days early since the phone was supposed to come our on that Friday.