Early upgrade at Walmart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Peter., Sep 3, 2013.

1. Peter. macrumors member

I'm eligible for an early upgrade with AT&T which means I'd have to pay $450 for the base model iPhone 5.

Walmart is advertising the base level iPhone 5 at $100. I'm assuming/hoping that it'd be $350 to early upgrade at Walmart. Are my assumptions correct?

Also, is there anything I have to worry about when upgrading through a third party? I don't think I've ever upgraded my phone anywhere but an AT&T store.

Thanks in advance

2. blerns3 macrumors 6502

I would call the Walmart mobile department and ask. I believe that with early upgrade you still pay the regular subsidized price and then they just add the fee onto your bill that month. I've never done it so I could be very wrong on that so you should still call. That being said, if I am wrong, my guess is they won't do it because you would be "combining two offers" or whatever, which stores generally won't do, but again, call and ask.

Also a word of advice in terms of third parties. I don't know if this applies to you but if you are on a business account, you must do all upgrades through AT&T. Probably doesn't apply, but just in case since you asked about concerns through third parties.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

No. Early upgrade may still be $450. The $100 promo is only for full upgrades. Also be careful when going through other retailers. Sometimes they may require you to have certain features for a set amount of time or else they'll charge you the full price.

4. Peter. thread starter macrumors member

Can you elaborate on this?