Early Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Richy23, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Richy23 macrumors 6502

I'll probably get slated for this as no-one obviously knows, but just wanted people's opinions!

When the iPhone 4 came out, O2 (Network) in the UK let us upgrade early if we paid £20 per month for our remaining months.

As far as I'm aware they didn't give an option like this for the 4S, presumably because it was only a 'minor upgrade'.

As you can probably tell, I'm asking wether people think they may offer a similar option for the 'new iPhone?

Thanks

2. Richy23 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Pff. The next iPhone isn't even announced yet. Most if its features are still unknown and yet you are here asking what a foreign carrier will do with an unannounced device.

What's wrong with just waiting until the sixth-gen iPhone announcement and waiting what your local carrier announces? We're not wizards who can see in the future.

4. Siggen macrumors 6502

5. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

What's wrong with getting some opinions and asking a question. No reason to jump on the person.

It depends, what has the carrier done in the past regarding iPhones in your market? Do you know anyone at the carrier in sales, are you friendly with local store mgr where you pay your bill? I would inquire if you are pretty close (I have an upgrade coming end of November) so I am in the same boat. Looking for Verizon to allow me a couple months early. I have had success in the past so I'm hoping I will again. Nothing is guaranteed in life other than Death, Taxes and Apple suing your arse.

6. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

How did you have success getting the upgrade? I remember reading something last year that Verizon pushed up upgrades.

7. OceanView macrumors 65816

I think we will need to get closer to the Apple announcement before we will know this answer.
    Hopefully they will change the upgrade date but who knows.
    It's obviously a cost issue with them. If you threaten to leave, you may have a chance but I'm gonna guess it's a case by case basis.

8. Richy23 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys :)

Like I mentioned in the original post, O2 in the UK let us buy out the rest of contract for £20 a month so fingers crossed they may do a similar deal come sept/oct!

Thanks once again!

9. catherne macrumors newbie

catherne

It's obviously a cost issue with them. If you threaten to leave, you may have a chance but I'm gonna guess it's a case by case basis.