Earrings and the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leenak, Sep 22, 2012.

1. leenak macrumors 68020

Obviously this question isn't just iPhones but I've run into an annoying problem. I'm coming from a small phone that isn't an iPhone so I didn't foresee this issue. I bring the phone to my ear and hear a large clank as the phone hits my earrings.

For long calls, I do use a wired headset on my current phone but if I'm out and about, I wouldn't expect to do so. Is the solution a Bluetooth earpiece? Something else?

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

My earrings will clang against the phone occasionally but I usually dont let it bother me. I dont believe the person on the other end can hear it or if I want to really make sure they dont scratch the glass, I'll take that earring out.

I am however anxiously awaiting this. A really nice, small bluetooth headset that also doubles as a ring! :D Most of those big headsets are outdated, but being that I'm on the road all day long and that it can double a jewelry when I want to remove it from my ear, I can't wait til it's released!

Attached Files:

3. leenak thread starter macrumors 68020

That bluetooth headset looks awesome but searching for it indicates that it started in 2009 and still hasn't come out?

4. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

wouldn't think it really mattered unless they were diamond or some other hard Crystal.

I tend to hold mine touching the top of my ear and the rest of the phone just away from my face to stop getting marks on the screen. Would think that would stop most earrings hitting the phone.

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I have the same problem (not with an iPhone, but with a large smartphone), and as trivial as it sounds, it's really annoying.

I either take the earring out on that side, use a wired hands-free, or - occasionally and in specific situations - use my EtyBlu2 bluetooth headset. Bluetooth eats battery, though. :(

The ring thingy looks amazing, I would get it in a second. :D

6. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

More info please

7. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Not available yet but you can sign up on their website to be notified of when it is released:

http://www.hybratech.com/products/orb/

----------

Yeah that's what I'm worried about too. I found an article originally that said it was supposed to be released in 2010 and it hasn't yet so I hope it's still eventually coming. The website is still up and allows you to sign up to be notified of when it is available. I just posted the site below. Hoping they are still working on it because I think something like that could be huge.