Easiest/cheapest way to try the Tmobile Iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pinkstiletto66, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

Okay, so I know I want to try the Iphone 5, and am interested in either the $30 prepaid plan or the new unlimited plan. I read that with the prepaid you need a nano sim card. I read that Amazon had them/go to a tmobile store and ask for a swap (I don't know if this is possible,) anywho, the features I mainly want to try out is the tethering.

I have a wifi model ipad, and with my current android device I can tether to YT, and regular pages, but the app Smule tells me my data connection is weak. I mainly want to be able to use that app (Its a karaoke app, that I love :D) So my plan was to not only try Tmobiles coverage in general but to tether my ipad to see if I my connection is strong with Tmobile.

If I'm limited on tethering, it might be a deal breaker. Then on another thread CSR told one person that the $70 unlimited plan did not include tethering despite it clearly says that.

Should I get the $30 plan and add tether for $15, get the $50 plan or pay per day?

2. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

You will get 500mb with the $70 plan but u can buy extra mb

3. Pinkstiletto66 thread starter macrumors 6502

I decided to try the $30 plan first since for whatever reason I didn't realize the post paid added additional taxes. I thought it was just whatever the price I saw. I should have know better, teehee. So, I'm about to purchase the phone online from Apple and I want to know could I get if a prepayer like myself would I still get the $50 back for the iphone? On apple it says the phone will come with a SIM already in it, I'm certain that I can remove the SIM right easily without damage right?

4. ScottLive5 macrumors newbie

Taxes and fees come to about another 19% !!