Easiest way to get Exchange calendar info onto new iPhone w/o server access

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozshadow, Oct 31, 2014.

1. ozshadow macrumors regular

Here is the situation that I really need some help with.

We just changed from work email (MS Exchange) hosted elsewhere to an inhouse server (MS Exchange too). At this time, it is not complete and cannot be accessed via the web. Due to this, I cannot set it up as a new Exchange mail/calendar on the new iPhone.

I have an old iPhone with the Exchange calendar on it. This will not sync with icloud as it is a separate system.

I need to get the Exchange Calendar info off the old iPhone, or if possible, off a desktop computer with Outlook, on to the new iPhone.

All I need is the info viewable on the new iPhone. Once the Exchange server is up and running, it will not be an issue.

Any way to do this via Outlook on the desktop?

2. legioxi macrumors 6502a

Been a long time since I've used iTunes to sync data but I'm pretty sure iTunes can sync your Outlook calendar to your iPhone.

3. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

I had to go another route because the calendar info would need to be removed once the Exchange server becomes accessible, otherwise every entry would duplicate.

What I did was export the Outlook calendar as a CSV, import that CSV into a Gmail account, install the Gmail account on the iPhone as a calendar only. This way the calendar can be viewed for the time being, but in the future it can be removed when the Exchange calendar is installed on the phone.