Easiest way to run multiple iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshMKB24, Sep 24, 2013.

1. JoshMKB24 macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

Ok currently I have 2 phones, an iPhone 5s and an Atrix HD(Android) I have thought about getting just an iPhone 4s or something but I am going to run into a problem in that I don't have 2 iTunes accounts. I'm not even sure you can run 2 phones on 1 iTunes account......and then how when you sync up the phones how you do it? Do you have to log out and log in on a different user to have 2 iTunes accounts?

2. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

We have 3 iPhones running on one iTunes account in our household.
    So the answer is yes you will be able to run both devices,if you don't want them sharing or streaming content to each other just turn off sharing in settings.

3. JoshMKB24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

Oh nice

Does it mess up iMessage at all? I mean I know each phone has a unique number but if you are like me and use iMessage where my email sends/receives messages as well on my computers, does that mess anything up if its 2 phones with 1 iTunes acct?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have a 3GS and a 5. Both used the same Apple ID. But I have both phones named differently so iCloud sees each phone separately.

You can add additional emails and phone numbers to iMessage and then just use one specific to each device to keep them separate.

For instance, my 3GS has an email address for iMessage only. Anything sent to that email as an iMessage goes directly to the 3GS. My iPhone 5 actually uses my phone number.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you are using both phones you'll put the same iCloud account on them. If not, as the other poster mentioned use different iCloud accounts. Either way doesn't affect your iTunes account at all.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep! I've also got 2 phones on the same iTunes and iCloud account.

Three if we count my son's, he uses my iTunes account, so he doesn't have to buy all the apps, books and music again....then just has his own iCloud, so his backups, iMessage and such are separate.... I DO NOT want to know what he and his teen friends are sending via text/iMessage! LOL

There are also 2 iPads on the same account...

My 5s will join the crowd soon, then my son's in November.

7. JoshMKB24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

Cool thanks for the heads up guys. It sounds like I'm all good sharing an iTunes account and not having my iMessages getting combined and both sent to and from my computers.