Eastern versus Western takes on the economy crisis

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by c073186, Oct 28, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I am in a Cross-Cultural Communication class and I have an assignment that requires me to research how Eastern countries (i.e. Japan, China, Korea, etc.) are reacting to the economic conditions versus the actions of the West (United States and Europe).

I was wondering if anyone has any takes on this. I honestly was not aware that the East and West held different strategies as to how to solve economic problems. I tried reading up on some news sites, but it was of little help.

Does anyone have any ideas on this topic? I think it could make for some interesting conversation, anyways. I want to learn more about this topic but I can't seem to find any good articles that are informative on this matter. (meaning how Eastern countries are acting differently than Western ones... all the articles make it sound like everyone is doing the same exact thing).

2. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Can you reduce your inquiry into a single question? Not trying to be difficult or sarcastic. I am interested in what you are trying to accomplish, but need something finite. Thanks.

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do Eastern and Western nations differ in their approach on how to fix the economic crises?

4. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thank you. Excellent question. Doing research at moment.

5. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I'm very interested to know this because I think it would be interesting to see how countries take different approaches to similar problems and what that says about their cultures.