Easy way of deleting photos

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ToddJ, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ToddJ macrumors 6502

So when there was iPhoto for iOs, it was easy to transfer the folders that I made on my iOs device and then delete those photos using iPhoto for iOs. Now it doesn't seem that easy (when you have a ton of photos on the device.) So has anyone found an easy way to transfer all the photos from a folder and then delete all those photos off of the device once they are transferred?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The easiest way to delete a ton of photos at once still remains 'Image Capture' on a Mac or the camera connection method of Windows.

In other words, treating the phone like a "real camera."

Kind of sucks, I know. But that's where we stand.

3. Paco II macrumors 65816

Be aware that in iOS 8 third party apps can now delete photos. I believe there are a few already available designed to batch delete photos. Worth browsing the App Store.

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

5. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried looking for a good app that will transfer the folders then allow me to delete the photos easily, but haven't found one....if the Photosync app added deleting ability, it would be just about perfect. if anyone comes across an app that does this, please let me know....thanks!

6. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

What about deleting using flash storage "drive" when its plugged into the computer? Should be able to select all pictures and press delete. Could use to copy pics to computer too before deleting. As far as a fast way if that's what you are after.

7. holtmann macrumors newbie

PhotoSync will get this feature (delete after transfer, batch deletion etc.) in the next update.