Eating peanut butter out of the jar.

ich1ban

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
Does anybody do this too? :D I recently just started doing this, I can't believe how much I've been missing out. It's sooooo good.

KristieMac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
Except for the calories...

But I'll agree that crunchy is the best!
Calories smalories. 190 calories for 2 TBsp can easily be worked off by 8 hours of web browsing, 20 hours of sleeping, or 1 hour of bouncing around on an exercise ball/desk chair. :)

I am addicted to peanut butter. Could you tell?

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
What you need to do is bump into someone with a chocolate bar, so it accidently falls into your peanut butter jar. Serendipity?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Calories smalories. 190 calories for 2 TBsp can easily be worked off by 8 hours of web browsing, 20 hours of sleeping, or 1 hour of bouncing around on an exercise ball/desk chair. :)

I am addicted to peanut butter. Could you tell?
Looks like you've got it covered then. :D

When I do go on a peanut butter binge, I prefer to eat it out of the jar with either raw carrot or capsicum (a little strange I know, but it tastes really good!).

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I had the peanut butter out this morning when I was making lunches, but I resisted the temptation to sneak a little extra for an "off to a good start" morning snack for myself. I guess that was a foolish act!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I love peanut butter... NATURAL peanut butter, none of that jif or skippy junk.

I get mine from costco, or when money is good, Trader Joe.

I eat so much exactly because it packs so much calories in such a small amount. Oh hell yeah!

Plus it has HEALTHY fat too!

(yes underweight) (yes ectomorph)

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Ooh I love eating peanut butter out of a jar with a fork, chopstick or occasionally, a spoon. Creamy though, not crunchy :p. I hate crunchy peanut butter... i always try to not get the peanuts or pick them out if I'm stuck with the crunchy kind.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Sounds like what I did this morning :D I'm the only one who eats the peanut butter in the house though

zblaxberg

Jan 22, 2007
i like taking a big spoonfull of peanut butter with a glass of milk when i have the munchies...kinda weird?

-kritter-

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Idaho
It belongs on bread, cant stand licking it off of a spoon, or fork or what not. That being said the crunchy variety is my favorite, along with strawberry jam...

AppleGuy2

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2007
Haha, i dont think Kritter and I would get along well at lunch. My peantbutter is most often, yes, eaten right off of the spoon. The only PB I eat is extra chunky, anyone else?

You guys know those old commercials where the PB would be spread over a big layer of actual peanuts? Yah well I did that last night lol. Needless to say, with the chunky PB, it was waaaayyy to peanutty...i still ate it though :D

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Even worse, I mix peanut butter with cottage cheese and eat it as my bedtime snack!

Yummy!

And make chocolate shakes with peanut butter. Delicious beyond imagination.

Hell, I have no idea how I'd live without peanut butter. So yummy and so good for you!

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
When I do go on a peanut butter binge, I prefer to eat it out of the jar with either raw carrot or capsicum (a little strange I know, but it tastes really good!).
Whoa, I had to look this up to make sure it was what I thought it was. What kind of peppers? :confused:

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Whoa, I had to look this up to make sure it was what I thought it was. What kind of peppers? :confused:
I always forget you guys call them bell peppers. I normally eat peanut butter with red capsicums - they're sweeter than the green ones.

Ultimately I agree with DoFoT9 though. Vegemite > Peanut Butter. But it can't really be eaten out of the jar, has to be on toast with butter.