eBay frequently signs me out on Safari, can't sign back in unless I clear cookies

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ToTo Man, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ToTo Man macrumors regular

This problem happened occasionally at first but is becoming much more frequent now.

When I do certain things in eBay, e.g. move from one page of my watchlist to another, I am asked to sign back in, and when I do this, I get an eBay error page stating that my browser is rejecting cookies, which it isn't.

The only way I can sign back in is to manually remove all of the stored eBay cookies before signing back in. This gets me back in, but then the same thing happens again, etc, and it's getting extremely annoying.

I've tried changing the cookies setting from 'Only from sites I visit' to 'Accept all', but this makes no difference.

Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions as to how to solve it, short of changing web browser?

FYI - I'm using the latest update version of Safari 4 on 10.6.3.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. ToTo Man thread starter macrumors regular

I'm frightened to upgrade to Safari 5, just like I'm frightened to upgrade to 10.6.4 :D. But maybe I need to try!...

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Both have worked fine for me, it's worth it to give a try ;) Try with another browser too, might be something which isn't browser related too

5. ToTo Man thread starter macrumors regular

I swallowed a brave pill and just installed Safari 5 and the problem seems to be fixed, and with no noticeable slow down in browsing speed :)

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Good to hear that :) Safari 5 is even faster, at least I've noticed a difference ;)

7. ToTo Man thread starter macrumors regular

Is it worthwhile upgrading to 10.6.4 ?

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I haven't had any issues and it has mostly been pretty good, so yeah, I would.