eBay instant sale? Good option?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rinku666, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Rinku666 macrumors newbie

Hey guys thinking about using ebay instant sale for my 16 gb att iphone 4 .. But im wondering has anybody done this already this month? Any good/bad experiences? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I do a bid and then set a BUY IT NOW price that may be you best bet.

I use ebay but not very often have to be careful selling electronics on there gotta be VERY upfront!

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I sold them my 3GS and a 4S and they paid me exactly what they promised.
    I was however very accurate in my own evaluation of their worth.
    You can get more cash selling elsewhere but if you want quick and no hassle it's a pretty good option.

4. RxMac macrumors 6502

I have used it many times, very quick and fair. You can set option to have them send it back to you for free, if your phone doesn't warrant amount quoted to you. It's also credited by paypal, so goes straight to checking account, instead of store specific giftcards like most other buy-back places.

5. Rinku666, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

Rinku666 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice... Thanks for the opinions .. Im seriously considering this option since they are paying out the most .. Any fees associated with this method?

6. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I am using it and got $400 for my 4S 64GB. I might get more going through an auction but this is easy and convenient. I used it for my iPhone 4 as well and had no complaints.

7. Jnyce macrumors regular

Got 200 sending it out Friday

8. skasol macrumors 6502

Was thinking of this as well. How do u get pay? PayPal so u have to deduct the 3%?

9. Jnyce macrumors regular

Direct to bank account through PayPal no fee

10. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Did you guys ship the orignal iphone box with it? I'm wondering if that will make a difference or not.

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

To those who have used it, did you get a confirmation email after you accepted the offer? I got to print the FedEx label, but I didn't get anything confirming the offer of $400 per phone (2 x 64GB AT&T). If this works out I'd rather get $800 with no effort than go through the hassle of selling it.

12. Rinku666 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im wondering the same thing.. What about the earphones? Send back with phone and packaging?

13. RxMac macrumors 6502

No fees, I accepted offer for $275 on 9/14 on my verizon 16GB 4S. I have until October 1st to ship it, though I already have a shipping label for it.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It is reasonable to expect a higher offer if you include everything that came with the original phone, and a lower offer if you omit things like earphones, chargers, etc. They are going to turn around and sell it, so phones missing stuff will sell for less.

15. Jnyce macrumors regular

They just asked for the charger. Earphones not so much because it is unsanitary.

16. sealos macrumors regular

You can see if including the charger will make any difference to the quote or not. It didn't for me on any of the iPhones I'm selling them. $400 for a 4S w/64GB, a 4 w/32GB for $235 and another 4 w/16GB for $200.

I'm opting to keep the chargers... might include an old 30-pin cable... haven't decided.

But I've found that using the Instant Sale is almost as good as listing it yourself. You save on eBay listing fees, auction fees when it sales, postage and PayPal fees. Very worry free.

17. skasol macrumors 6502

18. appswipe macrumors 6502

I'm actually trading in my iPhone 4S 32GB and buying my 5 at Best Buy on the 21. They only pay in BB Gift Cards, but I got quoted $703 for both which more than covers my upgrade and is a pretty competitive buy back price considering the flooded resell market. so this is the easiest solution for me.

19. Rinku666 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies... Gives me some confidence using ebay instant sale ..

20. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my fiancee's AT&T iPhone 4. I got $400 for the 4S after shipping.

PS I sent my iPad into gazelle two weeks ago, and have not heard anything from them. I know they have my iPad, but that's all i know. They might be backed up, but I don't know that I would go with them ever again. It's been two weeks and I still don't have my money.

21. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You say both, but only mention one phone?

22. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

If I had got in on the pre-order on time they'd have mine. But I didn't order until today and it won't be here until the 5th and you have to ship by the first. $275 for a 16GB VZW 4S is a fair price. No hassling, getting ripped online, or robbed in person. Lose a little value for convenience, sounds fair to me.

23. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

eBay is fine if you have lots of patience. Many transactions go smooth. But if you get duped (which has nothing to do with eBay) you can really burn up time & money trying to recover. It's a risk you must be aware of.

24. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I'm doing EBay instant sale as well. I'm giving my wife my 4S and selling her iPhone 4 32GB for $235. The best part is that I got to lock in the price and don't have to mail the phone in until October 1st.

25. troy14 macrumors 6502a

How did you lock it in till october 1st? I just did my iPhone 4 16gb AT&T and it says it is good until the 23rd, I don't get the new one till the 21st so i'm hoping that if I mail it on the 21st it will get there in time...