eBay Instant Sale? (trade in quote)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dndandrea, Sep 15, 2012.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any experience with eBay's instant sale trade in program? I got quoted $235 for my iphone 4 32gb w/ at&t. It might not be the highest price out there but if there's little hassle then it's worth it for me. Plus it gives you 7 days after you process the order to decide to ship it or not.

My main concern is will they lower the price once they inspect the item? eBay's terms and conditions says that the price is guaranteed as long as you the questions you answered are correct. They only ask 3 simple questions and none of them are based on the condition of the product. 1:) is it fully functional? 2.) is the charger included? 3.) Please state condition: NONWORKING or WORKING. I don't see how they could hassle me on the price but im sure there's a way.

I have the quote locked in until next saturday, i'm going to hold onto it for a few days and see if i can sell it for more first.

2. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I did the exact same thing as you and got the same offer gazelle only offered 168 so i'm gonna go for the instant sale once the i5 come in

3. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I've used it for three straight years with iPhones and iPads. Amazing service. The working not working section is new. Before you rated your phone's damage amount. It's a much better system now and they've always given me what I was quoted.

Just an FYI, the website says 7 days to ship your iPhone but your email may say October 1. I spoke with them due to conflicting dates and they said that the website is wrong. They're running a special right now where you can lock your quote until October 1. Pretty awesome!

Once they got my iPhone or iPad I would usually get the money within 4-5 days via PayPal without any fees.

4. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

same man, rather deal with ebay instant sale than some random buyer on ebay haha

5. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I've used them before and had no problem. I plan on using them again over Gazelle.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I just shipped my phone in Friday for that $235 offer. I wish I knew about the October 1st thing. I don't think the email I received said that. C'est la vie. I have an iPad to hold me over until Friday.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Maybe I missed something, but I do not think EBAY is offering a plan. Some individual sellers on Ebay are offering something. This is way more than semantics.

8. appswipe macrumors 6502

The individual sale market is a bit oversaturated now so Im just looking for an easy sale.

So far for my 32GN 4S I'm getting this:

Amazon - $395 Amazon Credit
    Best Buy - $354 BB Credit
    EBay - $300 Paypal (not sure what PayPal fee would be)

Anyone else have suggestions on where to go for a decent price?

9. Bugdozer macrumors member

10. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

11. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

Wow...mine closed on Friday for 425 and it was just the basic 4s black 16 gig.

12. Bugdozer macrumors member

13. Jnyce macrumors regular

I tried it and eBay offered me 200, bb was 190 , amazon 175, gazelle was 128.... The choice was simple for my iPhone 4 16gb

14. blacksunset macrumors member

$240 and I'll PayPal you. half now and half later after shipment or some confirmation we both get what we want.