eBay instant sale

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Drex27, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Drex27 macrumors newbie

I recently sent my son's 16g iPhone 4( Verizon) to eBay for the $190 they offered. His phone seemed in pretty good condition to me, no cracks in the screen, powered on and off good.they sent back an offer of $34.00 I was like wtf...
    Any ideas why they would offer so little when the phone seemed in good working condition.. He used it up till I sent it in, and never had any problems with it, other then the home button sticking a little.
    I'm a little nervous to auction it off on eBay when I get it back,don't wanna send anyone a defective phone.
    Any thoughts or advice here would be appreciated.. Thank you

2. taedouni macrumors 65816

3. ZipZap macrumors 601

Well, your assessment could have been wrong. If there were any scratches or dings you wont get top dollar.

I'd put on ebay with numerous up close pictures so the buyers will 100% see what they are getting.

Describe it accurately and you likely have no issue.

4. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Probably because of the button. Try some alcohol rubbing compound or a injection swab and work into the button in a circular motion, leave for 20 seconds, then press the home button in different places. Repeat and it should work fine.

It clears all the crap and evaporates it.

5. DaveNJ80 macrumors newbie

I just sold my ip4 16gb for $220 on ebay. I did a 24hr auction. Started it at $50. It was in mint condition.

6. EnJaNir macrumors member

Seems odd did you try contacting them at all to try to find out any additional details? I have used the service twice now (iPad 2 and 2 iPhone 4's) and received exactly what I was quoted.