Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WTDMatthews

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Canada
Just wondering if any Canadian beta testers can comment on if ecg functionality is working in the latest Watch OS 6 Betas?

I run the betas on my phone and iPad, but don't on my watch - however I certainly would if I could get the ecg functionality (which was my main reason for upgrading the watch argh!).

I've been searching for comments related to this since WWDC, but haven't seen anyone say one way or the other, which makes me think no, but wanted to take a poll.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Just wondering if any Canadian beta testers can comment on if ecg functionality is working in the latest Watch OS 6 Betas?

I run the betas on my phone and iPad, but don't on my watch - however I certainly would if I could get the ecg functionality (which was my main reason for upgrading the watch argh!).

I've been searching for comments related to this since WWDC, but haven't seen anyone say one way or the other, which makes me think no, but wanted to take a poll.

I’m running watchOS 6 beta 3 and no ecg support. (I’m in Canada too). Taking to long for us Canadians. :(

TorontoJen

macrumors member
May 17, 2016
Toronto
Okay, but were the ecg functions available during the other betas before this? For other countries, I mean?
Maybe they are just going to roll it out during the launch of 5.3.
I’m thinking maybe that functionality isn’t something that would need testing, just implemented?
I could be very wrong about that, but. ‍♀️
I am waiting for this functionality as well, as I have a condition where the monitoring would help. It’s a bit frustrating it is taking so long.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Okay, but were the ecg functions available during the other betas before this? For other countries, I mean?
Maybe they are just going to roll it out during the launch of 5.3.
I’m thinking maybe that functionality isn’t something that would need testing, just implemented?
I could be very wrong about that, but. ‍♀️
I am waiting for this functionality as well, as I have a condition where the monitoring would help. It’s a bit frustrating it is taking so long.

When I was running watchOS 5.3 beta it wasn’t there either. My guess is once 5.3 is released it will be available. But who knows when 5.3 will drop.

WTDMatthews

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
Canada
@john991 Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate it. It was surprisingly hard to find that out.

@TorontoJen I hear you...I'd like it (and upgraded my watch) to help monitor a medical condition of mine as well. So frustrating considering approval (which took forever in itself) is done.

Reactions: TorontoJen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.