Editing music from iPhone library on the fly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theGuest, Aug 19, 2013.

1. theGuest, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013

theGuest macrumors newbie

I am going to be away from my computer and am looking for an app that can trim and shorten music from my playlist on the fly, saving back to my playlist so I can use it in iMovie or the like.

I have tried several apps that claim to be able to edit songs from you iPhone playlist but they usually save back to their own library, not allowing me to access it from my music library (and thus other libraries) or require me to plug into my computer in order to export them to my iTunes.

As I will be on holiday the latter is not really an option so I am looking for something I can use directly on my iPhone that will import and export back to my music library.

I was really hoping Garage band would allow me to do to this but it does now. Also iMovie does not allow you to trim music, choosing how it plays through your video - very annoying.

Please help!

P.S I don't use these forums often so forgive me if this is not in the right place

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

iTunes will not let you "break" its way of doing things. Nobody have cracked iTunes.

Whatever third parties do, they bypass iTunes. Fine if u just want this temporarily but once u want to get back to iTunes, as u found out, your changes is undone.

3. theGuest thread starter macrumors newbie

Mainly I want to do this because iMovie does not allow you to choose where a song will begin when creating a movie away from your desktop. So if the song has a slow entry (say 2 seconds of dead air) it is impossible to trim it out!

Incredibly frustrating since it's something the desktop version of imovie allows.

I would even settle for a file I could e-mail to myself just as long as I don't have to access my desktop since I won't be able to do that.