Edmonton, AB, Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by abz786, Jul 23, 2010.

1. abz786 macrumors 6502

so where we meeting up? i am planning on lining up Thursday evening (depending on Canadian prices at the apple store) or a rogers store!!! keep me posted!!!

2. Steveo47 macrumors regular

I plan on showing up around 5-6am friday morning probably at West Ed

3. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

West Ed at 6 for me. Anyone know if we can line up outside the Apple store at 5-6 am or do they keep the mall doors shut till 7?

4. abz786 thread starter macrumors 6502

hahah i just might do the overnight thing! thats taking a big risk of going that late to an apple store, might be at the back of the line LOL!!! most apple stores online are updating to reflect an 8am open on friday, so waiting for Canada's store to say that too :) Maybe even a reserve as well...

5. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

I am 99.9% sure if you show up at an Apple Store at 6am you'll walk out with an iPhone 4 - even if they open at 8am.
    Those that showed up at 7am to the Apple Stores during the iPad launch were able to get iPad's.
    6am is a safe bet.

6. Deathlok2001 macrumors member

SO, are people lining up because the APPLE store is the only place to get an unlocked phone?

Anyone going to SOUTHGATE? Why not go in 1 hour or so after store opening to avoid all the crowds?

7. mmmoney macrumors newbie

im planning on going to southgate, you think if i got there around 7 i would walkout with an iphone? are lines usually big in edmonton? im just here for holidays and thought i should get a new iphone 4. i know in toronto the store is downtown has pretty big lineups. so i was just wondering do lots of people usually line up here?

oh and also does the mall open so you can lineup at the apple store or do you have to wait outside till the mall opens?

8. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

If you show up at 7 I'm sure you'll get a phone. But just to be safe show up at 6:30.
    Yes there will be a lineup. But with 2 Apple stores and all the carrier stores, I don't think the lines will be ridiculous.
    For the iPad launch Southgate let people line up inside the mall. Call the mall and ask, they'll be able to tell you for sure.

9. oilers15 macrumors regular

oilers15

hey guys i was just wondering, is bestbuy going to be selling the iphone4 on friday and what do you think the lines are going to be like. Thnx

10. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

11. Dielawn macrumors newbie

At West Ed right now, about 50 people lined up. A lot smaller than what I was expecting!

12. Deathlok2001 macrumors member

W@W! 100 people at southgate! I am going to go and make a video.

THINK DIFFERENT!

I LOVE how APPLE "claps you in" when they open the store!

13. Deathlok2001 macrumors member