Education Discount Limit

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karohan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. karohan macrumors 6502

I know there is a limit to the quantity of laptops you can purchase with the Education Pricing. Because it is 1 per "academic year", how are summers considered? I purchased a laptop this past summer, so is that considered part of this academic year or the old one?

Also how does Apple confirm that I've used my education pricing for the year? What prevents someone from using it multiple times?

2. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

I'm pretty sure at my school summer is the first quarter of a given school year. I don't know what other schools or Apple would consider summer as though.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

They won't confirm it, so nothing prevents one from using it multiple times except the honour system.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

5. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

When I he'd mine they took down my drivers license number.

6. ready2switch macrumors 6502

ready2switch

I would say that the academic year is fall-spring-summer, meaning last summer was a part of the last academic year. This is based solely on my "annual" parking permit (Aug-Jul) and not on any other official information. :D

7. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

I highly doubt you will have any problem getting your educational discount right now. From what I know they don't store any specific information in their system. They just need to see that you have a valid student ID card. That is when walking into the retail store, I don't know how it works on the online store.