Edwards is a big fat LIAR - Admits to affair while wife battles cancer

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cleverboy, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26095810?GT1=43001
    Well, that certainly would have become a problem if he were the nominee.

~ CB

2. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

LOL john edwards has possible baby momma drama

edit: I hope he doesn't make a public apology with his wife standing next to him like elliot spitzer.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I'm sick and tired of politicians who talk the talk, but never walk the walk. :rolleyes:

I hope his wife, a very smart woman, would kick his ass out.

4. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

The "love child" rumor has been going on a while. He may as well take the test and settle it. No point in dragging it out.

~ CB

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow... that puts Edwards in the same league of womanizing as John McCain.

Very sad for Elizabeth.

6. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I think this is absolutely appalling. I've never liked Edwards and this is pretty despicable. I mean, seriously. His wife will be dead soon. Just wait a bit and you can chase all the women you want.

Glad we won't be hearing about him as a candidate again for anything, ever.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- I'd say this effectively ends his career. That's a pretty awful thing to do to your sick wife. Cheating is one thing, but when it ends up producing a kid, that's entirely another.

Hey conservative MR members- don't ever say no one here doesn't come down on democrats.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If that were true, we would not be seeing St. John running for POTUS, nor would Newt Gingrich get an ounce of respect.

9. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

This whole thing was clearly manufactured by George Bush, John McCain and/or Karl Rove.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Republicans don't hold their politicians to their own moral standards in many cases.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

True, I suppose when you have members of your caucus tapping toes in the mens room, having sex with same-sex congressional pages, and getting diapered by prostitutes you do need to make the moral standards that apply to your own party a little more lax than those you apply to the opposing party.

It's just amusing that we're going to see a parade of righty media telling us what an awful person Edwards is (and make no mistake, he is) while they ignore St. John's similar transgression -- not to mention his lies to cover it up.

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

A lot of people cheat, but that's only because a lot of people have no integrity. I would still be disgusted with his behavior even if his wife weren't battling cancer.

I understand cheating the same way I understand crime: Cheaters and criminals never think they're going to get caught. Well, they usually get caught, and if you're "lucky" enough to be in that slim percentage who doesn't, it'll still silently eat away at your soul that much more.

If you don't want to be with your spouse anymore, be a man and tell them. If you want to stay with your spouse, then be a man and keep your promise. :mad:

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Rename thread title to: "Yet Another Democrat Cheats On His Wife." LOL

Although "Edwards is a big fat liar" is pretty good. :D

Edit: At least he tried to cover it a little by admitting the affair the same day as the Olympics.

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Vitter? Craig? Haggard?

At least when Democrats cheat on their wives, while immoral, it's still legal.

15. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Well, no sense in excusing immorality just to make a point that its not simply Democrats. I'd say, more to the point, that McCain, Gulliani, and Gingrich have very little to toot about as far as Edward's infidelity is concerned. The MAIN problem with Edwards, is that he actually... and repeatedly... LIED about it AND did it while his wife was suffering through Cancer. Remember? The press got disgusted with David Patterson's admissions relatively quickly. It wasn't really juicy news, where was the victim? Even his wife admitted slipping. But Edwards... see if you can't identify the juiciness... the resonance... in this story:
    Talk about a lightning rod of a story/revelation. Anyone that simply took his WORD as testament to his innocence, has got egg on their face. Especially relevant because campaigns are a network of trust. Once that trust is violated, it smears everyone involved. Bill Clinton totally made his wife and Vice President look like fools to everyone they'd defended him to, before his admission. It caused questions for Hillary Clinton that she was still answering years later.
    Of course, she's known about it for 2 years now, but having it all come out to everyone... what a horrible mess to relive. But, then... back to the lying. Trace where the object of this episode, Rielle Hunter, was positioned in his political life...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/08/the-anatomy-of-the-edward_n_117852.html
    Yikes. Um, YIKES. The New York Times only had smoke and vapor with McCain's supposed involvement with that lobbyist. The charge would have been showing favor. With Edwards, you really don't have to look that far for the appearance of impropriety.

Why did this recently come up in the first place?
    Well... how bad did this look? Hiding in the bathroom?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSgkY89p8_E
    Apparently the Enquirer had video of him leaving the room, and Hunter entering the room.

~ CB

16. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

On a lighter note:
    You don't say! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AE847UXu3Q

~ CB

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let's not forget the worst conservative of all, Rush Limbaugh- drug addict, divorcee, and ridiculous hypocrite. ACLU anyone? And yet the fool is still on the air with lots of stupid listeners, who treat the clown like he's god. Edwards is done as far as the democrats are concerned though. We won't put up with crap like this.

18. iGary Guest

iGary

He still gets paid at the end of the day (and very well, I might add); that's all he cares about.

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Just heard the talk radio spin on this is that the Democrats leaked the story to distract from Obama's supposedly slumping numbers.

In other news, the GOP is pushing a rumor that Mitt Romney cut up his wife into little pieces and fed her to crocodiles last night.

20. iGary Guest

iGary

Obama's exhibited some slump-worthy behavior as of late. i was going to vote for him because I thought he'd "shake up the system." Heh.

21. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i dont think there is any difference between the parties when it comes to sex scandals. i just think its funnier when it happens to a person who touts marriage sanctity.

22. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Umm yeah, that comes with being a politician!

23. emmawu macrumors 6502

24. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The mistress doesn't want the test, so it might be awhile before anything is settled.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I still don't get what was so illegal about what Craig did, of course playing footsies in a mens room is creepy but is it really illegal. He didn't have sex in the stall did he?