Effective immediatly Best Buy will no longer be accepting pre-orders for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Jun 16, 2010.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

3. Aphex3D macrumors newbie

what if it's a white preorder? Like yours and mine apparently.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

That's still up in the air! ;) It's still a good preorder, but whether we get it the 24th or not is the concern.

5. Aphex3D macrumors newbie

So basically it's switch to black to get on 24th or stay with white and wait til they get it (which looks to be later than the 24th)?

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

This is what I was told.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

This is actually good. It took bestbuy two days to learn the power of this iphone 4. People are going crazy and they want these things so bad. So, what do you think it will happen if they don't receive them by June 24, 25th?
    Your customers and store phone lines will go crazy with complains.
    Please stop the pre-order and focus on the people who took their time off yesterday morning and waited in line to order, first. I mean.... isn't think really basic basic business idea? First come and take care of them first? Stop taking orders or you will be taking yourself into a deeper holes.

8. Welshman2oo5 macrumors member

how often does something like this get shipped to a store like bestbuy? As in once they exhaust their first supply of iphones, how long do you guys think it'll be before they receive their next batch? a few days? a week? or maybe july 2nd when the second batch of pre orders go out to consumers.

i realize nobody really knows, but if you could make a guess based on prior experiences.

9. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

I work in retail for a bit. It takes a while and it depends on the store size and volume of traffic the store receives. My best guess would be that an initial shipment of iPhone 4 models will go out for launch day. Once those run out expect at least a few weeks until the next batch. [more in line with July 2nd]. We will only see with time.

10. nfl46 macrumors 604

You must didn't read? Lol.

What if I already pre-ordered either the white iPhone 4 or black iPhone 4 at Best Buy®?
    If you have already pre-ordered either the iPhone 4 16GB White (SKU: 1039203), iPhone 4 32GB White (SKU: 1049294), iPhone 4 16GB Black (SKU:1038865) or iPhone 4 32GB Black (SKU: 1039188) then your pre-order is still valid. You will receive your phone once the store receives the product from Apple. This may or may not be on launch day, June 24th, 2010.

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

No white iPhones.

12. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I love how the FAQ states:

Will Best Buy® take pre-orders for the white iPhone 4?
    No. We have stopped taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4 16GB White (SKU: 1039203) and iPhone 4 32GB White (SKU: 1049294). We stopped taking pre-orders for the white iPhone 4 after Apple stopped taking pre-orders to prevent customer disappointment if inventory is not available.

(emphasis mine)

Apple nor AT&T ever did take preorders on the white iPhone 4! So their statement is not quite accurate. Still, I'm sure it's not BB's fault if they were not notified right away.

13. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I stopped in and the Manager make it clear that white pre-orders were going to be switched to black. Getting there at 5:30 in the morning to be sure. Heck, why not?

If you have no plans that day, that is.

Blonde Buddhist

EDIT: Also this particular store was confident that having an extra Mobile rep (totaling 3) was going to be plenty. Making it sound as if this BB wasn't going to be doing reservations since most were already ATT customers, requiring less paperwork and time.

14. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

Just an FYI BB does not open until 10 and according to them they will NOT be opening early!

15. Aphex3D macrumors newbie

it all depends on the store, mine opens at 9. and the rep there said a few white ones would be available lol...

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Really? Cause we had no idea!

Duh. That doesn't invalidate our preorders. We have a preorder for a white iPhone whenever it becomes available. It's still a valid preorder.

17. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

You think?

It's all the - "getting my white iphone on launch day or else" comments. Don't plan on it. :)

18. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I think it'll be available on launch day. Limited quantities, but available.

They MADE them. They showed up at WWDC for reviewers and blog sites to look at. They were made. In batches.

They aren't gonna hold what good phones they DO have until they have 600,000+.

Maybe not every Best Buy, maybe not every Apple store, or every AT&T.

Something will happen where some stores will have them though...I'd bet my new black iPhone 4 on it. ;)

19. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Some people are really delusional about this. You think them making phones for the WWDC means they should be available for sale on launch day? I wasn't at WWDC, but my guess is that they had somewhere around 100 something white phones on display. Maybe more, maybe less, who cares. The point is they could easily make a couple hundred to display there. That in no way means that they have them made for retail release.

20. irish1313 macrumors member

After yesterdays debacle, both on line and at ATT store, I took a chance today at BB. It is 1/2 block away from ATT store. I pre ordered 2 Iphones and was #6 and #7 on their pre-order list. I couldnt believe it, but the cat in the phone dept said that he worked all day on the 15th and only had 5 people in to pre order. He said that their corp office was going to be able to fulfill about 20 pre order phone ( I live in a pretty small town ). He also told me as I was checking out at the register for a few games for my son that they just received an internal email to stop all pre orders and high fived me for getting in... all I can do is hope and wait

21. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Like everyone else, my guess is as good as yours! You don't know if they will or won't. ;)

22. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You're just as delusional. Why?

Fact is... NO ONE KNOWS PEOPLE! We don't know either way and there's no point in arguing one way or another. :)

23. Aphex3D macrumors newbie

I doubt there's gonna be any white ones. if so, why would only best buy get them? anyways, Id love to hope so.

24. strangelogic macrumors regular

seems clear enough

Nothing in the FAQ reads like bb has changed any White orders to Black. Sounds more like, your pre-order is valid only for the product you pre-ordered and for nothing else. And that's what I would expect from them. Especially since they have committed more than they are going to receive. I really would prefer white, but - if it's going to be September....

Will Best Buy® receive inventory of the white iPhone 4 on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on when the product is received from Apple. While we have ordered all versions of the iPhone 4 from Apple, we can only sell what we are provided with

25. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Nobody said only Best Buy will get them. In fact, we don't know who will get them or when they get them. ;)

Yes, exactly. All white preorders at Best Buy are still valid preorders. The only stipulation is when Best Buy gets them.