Effects of leaving beta 1 past expiration on an ipod?

hagr182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
As the tittle implies, what happens when the ios7 beta 1 expires if I am not a registered developer. in My case I am an aspiring dev that joined forces with a couple of friends to form a small dev team, however only one of us (we are 3, again small team) is registered.

I installed beta 1 on my main ipod (left the iphone and ipad alone) without the "proper" procedure, so what will happen to it should I not install beta 2?

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
As the tittle implies, what happens when the ios7 beta 1 expires if I am not a registered developer. in My case I am an aspiring dev that joined forces with a couple of friends to form a small dev team, however only one of us (we are 3, again small team) is registered.

I installed beta 1 on my main ipod (left the iphone and ipad alone) without the "proper" procedure, so what will happen to it should I not install beta 2?
You will have a cheap paperweight.

hagr182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
You will have a cheap paperweight.
That´s what I am afraid of, Im basically a beginner with advanced (not expert) programming skills and have no idea yet of apple´s policies, can I use the registered account we will be using to publish our apps on my ipod to get beta 2 and stop worrying about expiration? or do I need to register individually?

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
That´s what I am afraid of, Im basically a beginner with advanced (not expert) programming skills and have no idea yet of apple´s policies, can I use the registered account we will be using to publish our apps on my ipod to get beta 2 and stop worrying about expiration? or do I need to register individually?
I believe you can put your phone into DFU mode and restore to iOS 6

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
If it becomes a "paperweight", send it to me, and I'll "somehow manage" to make it into a pretty paperweight that can run apps and watch videos... etc... :p :p

hagr182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Thank you all for the very useful info, Ill take this info to the guys so we all have properly running betas, again from a team of beginer devs thank you