Efficient way to transfer/share multiple photos from a iP-4S to an iP-4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ET iPhone Home, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

My parents has a Sprint 4S with their photos on it. They were given an unlocked 4. What's the best way to transfer their photos onto the unlocked 4? I'm now taking over their 4S.

One last detail...

I have a MBA and I was able to backup their photos onto iPhoto via iTunes. Can I just sync their unlocked iP4 to the same iTunes and sync over those photos. I was guessing "not" since you can't share music, so why would it work for photos. Perhaps, I'm wrong. Thanks for your help on this.

2. Agent-P, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

First off, don't be insulted that I might have explained some steps that might be simple for you. I'm not sure how good you are with technology :)

As for the question, yes you can just sync that iPhoto library with both iPhones in iTunes. Just plug in the iPhone 4 and navigate to the place in my screenshot (attached below). Click the dropdown (where mine says "iPad Retina Wallpapers") and select iPhoto. Pick the album/event with their photos in it. Then hit apply.

However if you would rather keep yours and your parents' iTunes separate, then follow my instructions below:

If you have a Windows computer available then you can plug in the iPhone 4S and it will show up in Windows Explorer as a camera (haven't found a similar function on my MBP yet). Then you can just copy all those photos to a flash drive, and paste them into a folder on their computer with iTunes installed (Mac or PC, doesn't matter). Now you'd just have to select that folder in iTunes (same location as my screenshot) to sync with the iPhone 4. That's what I did to move my photos off my iPhone because I don't like dealing with iPhoto. Thank god for having both a PC and a Mac in my possession.

Attached Files:

3. ET iPhone Home thread starter macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Hey, I appreciate this - not insulted at the least. I thought, maybe, only 1 iPhone can be registered to 1 iTunes account in my MBA, or both iphones had to be registered under my name for my iTunes to allow both phones to sync. All I want is for my parents to have their photos from their prior owned 4S to their now unlocked 4. I don't have a pc. I just have my MBA. So I'll sync their 4 to my MBA and hope it will allow me to transfer those photos. Thanks.

4. Agent-P, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

One iPhone (or any iDevice) can only be tied to one iTunes account at a time. However one iTunes account (such as the one on your MBA) can be linked with multiple devices.

The iPhoto method should work for you then. Let me know if there are any problems with that. Glad to help.

EDIT: one thing to note, if you sync their iPhone 4 with your iTunes to get the photos on it, then they'll need your iTunes password if they ever want to install any apps. I saw you asked that within your last post. Just something to keep in mind. Not sure if that affects your decision or not.