ehhhhhh...I ordered the MBP last Wednesday, but now it is updating..

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Hi Guys.

I ordered my MBP online last week. It says the shipping will take 2 weeks and arrive on Next Tuesday.:(:(:(:(:(

Now I see that it seems that Apple will update the MBP this Tuesday.

What should I do? If they update the MBP really, can I call them and ask for the new model? Will they send me the new model directly? :confused::confused:

Thanks

Jack

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
London
If they update this Tuesday you will, most likely, receive the new one. This is what's happened in the past.

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Can I just call them and ask them not sending me the old version and send me the new one instead?

I ordered it online, but can I go to the apple store to change it with a new model?

thanks

Jack

Druean

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2005
I'm in the same position as jack except my delivery date is the 12th. Will I most likely receive the current model or the update (if they are updated tues).

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
I'm in the same position as jack except my delivery date is the 12th. Will I most likely receive the current model or the update (if they are updated tues).
Poor us

Anyone had similar experiences before? like in last year?

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
If within 14 days of purchase Apple releases new machines, you will 99% get the new one if you ask for it.

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
Hi Guys.

I ordered my MBP online last week. It says the shipping will take 2 weeks and arrive on Next Tuesday.:(:(:(:(:(

Now I see that it seems that Apple will update the MBP this Tuesday.

What should I do? If they update the MBP really, can I call them and ask for the new model? Will they send me the new model directly? :confused::confused:

Thanks

Jack
I KNEW that threads like these will opened... Gratulations for being the first! :D

After receiving the MBP you should have 14 days to give it back... Should work...

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
I KNEW that threads like these will opened... Gratulations for being the first! :D

After receiving the MBP you should have 14 days to give it back... Should work...

lol sorry to open this kind of boring thread, but please understand that I HAVE TO lol ;););)

So if tomorrow apple updates, should I call them? or just they will send me the new one directly?

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
lol sorry to open this kind of boring thread, but please understand that I HAVE TO lol ;););)

So if tomorrow apple updates, should I call them? or just they will send me the new one directly?
No harm in calling to check what your order will change to, esp if you added custom parts.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
London
If they update tomorrow check your order online on Wednesday. Most times they will have updated it to the new model (and often send you and email too).

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
If they update tomorrow check your order online on Wednesday. Most times they will have updated it to the new model (and often send you and email too).
This is the most comforting reply I have ever read in my life. Thanks

Dekimasu

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Illinois
Two weeks to ship? That's a pretty definitive update indicator, if it's true. Who are you ordering from? Is it BTO?

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Two weeks to ship? That's a pretty definitive update indicator, if it's true. Who are you ordering from? Is it BTO?
What is BTO?

I just ordered from Apple Business Online Store with customization of changing 5400rpm HDD to 7200rpm one

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Wow so much drama in a thread about a machine Apple apparently only announced to the OP.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Yeah, I took BTO then.
Since You took the build-to-order route, your options are limited. You generally cannot return the machine and at some point in the order fulfillment process you'll be prevented from canceling.

While my earlier post was tongue and cheek, there's been no definitive word from apple about tomorrow, next week, next month. While its possible they can update the line tomorrow, there's no way to say for sure.

Either way, enjoy your computer, you ordered it because it was going to satisfy a need, that need hasn't changed so be content and enjoy :D

enberg

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
BTO usually takes 3 days around here. Never heard of anyone waiting 2 weeks.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
BTO usually takes 3 days around here. Never heard of anyone waiting 2 weeks.
I've waited that long, actually longer. It all depends on whether the parts are available. Its also possible that the OP may get the new [unreleased] computer because apple may in fact be releasing it tomorrow. Who knows.

jackinlost

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Since You took the build-to-order route, your options are limited. You generally cannot return the machine and at some point in the order fulfillment process you'll be prevented from canceling.

While my earlier post was tongue and cheek, there's been no definitive word from apple about tomorrow, next week, next month. While its possible they can update the line tomorrow, there's no way to say for sure.

Either way, enjoy your computer, you ordered it because it was going to satisfy a need, that need hasn't changed so be content and enjoy :D
NO NO NO NO!!!

I am very disappointed !!!

I can't change it to new if I take BTO ????