Eizo 22" LCD FlexScan S2201WSE: All right or a waste of space...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mitthrawnuruodo, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Hi.

I'm considering getting a cheap, but all right, screen to use at home with my MacBook. It doesn't have to be a "pro" screen for photographers or gamers, just a nice, average screen for a some work (mostly programming backends for web pages) and watching the odd TV show (ripped at medium quality).

One project we're working on has a minimum screen resolution on about 1200 x 1000, so any 1440 x 900 screen is too low res, but 1280 x 1024 (yuck) and 1650 x 1050 will be more than adequate.

I've been looking at the Eizo S2201WSE, which is very affordable at the moment.

Anybody got this screen and can say anything positive (or very, very negative) about it?

Alternatives I'm looking at are the BenQ 22" LCD T221W or the LG 20" LCD L204WT which cost the same as the Eizo one or even some a bit more expensive ones with TV tuner: Tatung 20" V20KCDD or Samsung 22" Syncmaster 225MW. (I already own a Tatung TV that I'm very happy with.)

2. hakuryuu macrumors 6502

I have the Eizo S2231W which is more of a photography display so it is a bit more expensive. Eizo in general is a good decision though so I would say get it if it fits your needs. The warranty is better than most as well.

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I just got an Acer AL2216Wbd 22" 1680x1050, which is very inexpensive (relatively) and compares pretty well to my Apple Cinema Display.

Only thing is I'm in the US, I don't know about availability/price elsewhere.

4. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

I like my acer too actually. I looked at a few in the store and it was comparable if not better then some of the other name brands, which surprised me. It's definitely not an apple cinema display and not really super nice, but for basic day to day things you can't beat the price and look. :)

5. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

My Eizo S2110W is a little over 2 years old now. I can say nothing but positive things about this display. When calibrated it is a gfx design pro level monitor, at 70% brightness it's still brighter than my 24" iMac at full brightness.

The 5 years warraty is awesome as well.

6. Mitthrawnuruodo thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Thanks, I found it here in Norway, too... (actually the same place I bought my above mentioned TV :)) And it was even a bit cheaper than the Eizo... :)

But, they also had a 20" BenQ G2000Wa, that was even more affordable...

..then there's still that 22" Samsung with a TV tuner...

Decisions, decisions... :eek:

Thanks for all input, so far... :)