El Paso, TX Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by boxermansr, Sep 17, 2013.

1. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Anyone partake in waiting last year for the 5 at the Apple Store in El Paso, TX? I'm debating doing so for the 5s, but am not too sure how busy it's going to be. I called and spoke to someone and he said it shouldn't be too bad (based on last year), but I figured I'd see if anyone had any experience from last year. There are plenty of Verizon store's here so I was going to just go there, but I'm sure Apple will have more stock, and they already told me it would not be an issue getting it at retail (since I'm not eligible for an upgrade, and want to retain my unlimited data), so in the end, if I'm going to stand for a few hours, I'd rather stand somewhere where I stand the best chance of getting one.
    Thanks.

2. solomander macrumors newbie

apple store

yeah man I plan to go to the apple store also. Im just worried that there is going to be a big line. Not sure what time I should head out there. Do you know what time they are opening and if the mall doors open before the store does?

3. boxermansr thread starter macrumors 6502

boxermansr

They open at 8AM (Apple Store), however told me that per the mall there will be no "early lines" until 5AM. Then the mall will open the doors so people can go inside around 6AM. I've only been to the Apple Store here maybe once (always go to Verizon instead), so I have no idea how busy they will be. I'm going to check out the Verizon store first around 6AM and if there's no line, I think I'll wait there, if there's a sizeable line, I'll go to Apple, only because Apple will easily have more stock than Verizon.