Elderly traveling through Europe to USA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by radiologyman, Jan 24, 2016.

1. radiologyman macrumors 6502

My 75 year old mother will be flying alone from eastern europe to western europe with possible layover in US until she will arrive to my neck of the woods in Texas. She does not speak English but she did know some german a while back. Would like to get assistance from an airline so she won't get lost during layovers. Other idea is to send her a sim card so she can call me from europe and possibly USA if necessary. Any suggestions on what I can buy here that will have reasonable roaming fees?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Does she have a smartphone? Skype cash is pretty cheap. I have little experience with international calls but use Skype whenever I do

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

My uncle who only speaks Hungarian came from Hungary and had a layover in Salt Lake City Utah about 15 years ago. All he did was ask the airline and they found someone to help him with everything. He actually got stuck in Utah because of weather and had to spend a night in a hotel there. The airline took care of everything.

In unsure if there was an additional fee for this, though I doubt it. Hungarian is a pretty obscure language, so I imagine you could find accommodations without too much trouble.

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

A SIM card from Telestial may work for her trip that will work throughout Europe and the US. http://www.telestial.com/sim_regional.php?ID=EU