Eldon Square Newcastle UK iPhone 6s/6s+ launch meet up

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bigchrisfgb, Sep 16, 2015.

1. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

I'm going to be there for my reservation at 8:00, apparently the doors opposite the old Coop building open at 5:30.

2. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I reserved at MetroCentre, deliberately went for a 10am pickup to miss the queues and associated hassle.

3. bigchrisfgb thread starter macrumors 65816

4. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

No, much easier to park at the MetroCentre.. ;)

Newcastle hates cars, I stay out of the town centre as much as is practically possible.

5. bigchrisfgb thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't find driving to Newcastle any harder than the Metro Centre, in fact I have to pass town to get to the Metro Centre. The only easier bit about it is the fact that it's free parking at the Metro Centre.

6. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Free parking when compared to extortionate parking charges, no ridiculous cycle lanes on every road, idiotic bus lanes and half the town seems to be one way now. It seems as if a madman was put in charge of the roads after the central station renovations.

I'd rather drive to Durham than into Newcastle, and I only live 2 miles from the town centre.

For an Apple Store it's the MetroCentre without doubt...

7. daveporter2005 macrumors newbie

daveporter2005

Hey guys, this is deteriorating into a parking issue. It's not about that. The bottom line is that it depends where you live. For me it was always Metrocentre, when I lived in the Tyne Valley. Now I live in Newcastle, I can get the Metro to Monument, and to the Eldon Square store, easily.

That's what I'll be doing tomorrow morning. I reserved my iPhone 6S online on launch day. I only have to show up at my preferred time, 10.00, and pick it up. Looking forward to it. See you there!