Election not yet over, Boehner already picks a fight

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From the party that brought you the word NO:

Really? Bad enough that before the results are even known, they're doubling down on the pig-headedness of the last two years; but are the Republicans really determined to drive the economy over a cliff again??

My prediction of a Democratic House revival in 2014 is looking better and better.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

no

3. dime21 macrumors 6502

What are you talking about Thomas? Didn't you hear Obama in the debates? He promised us that Sequestration is "not going to happen". Sure, he's broken damn near every one of his 2008 election promises, but I'm sure he'll keep this one. :rolleyes:

4. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Obama couldn't pass a budget in his first two years even when Democrats controlled both houses.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Does that make you feel good ?

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The good thing about this is that since they won't get a deal done to stop them with the automatic budget cuts we'll get bigger cuts to the military than we otherwise would have.and hopefully in 2014 we get a democratic majority so things can get done.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Omigod, put a stake in that one already. :rolleyes:

So Boehner's not telling the truth?

I don't have a problem with any of that, but it'll also make it hell for the middle class for the next two years. Surely the GOP can agree to something less drastic. Something that'll work out better for the people...you know, the ones who voted 'em in there.

..........Yeah, you're right...I forgot......

8. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

You can't pin the blame on obstructionist Republicans when he couldn't get it done with a stacked deck is all I am saying.

Also, see the last two years of Bush's presidency to see where the Republicans learned all of the obstructionist tactics. See also Harry Reid's comments about how the Democrats will treat Romney when he wins the presidency. The game sucks but this is how its played.