Election Party!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OutThere, Nov 3, 2008.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Who's having an election party?

Being that I'm on a junior year of college semester abroad in France, I'm going to try to get back in the American spirit I'm having some friends over for a few bottles of Bud and hot dogs while we watch the election results come in. :p

Anyone else?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I'm going to my parents house tomorrow night for a party. They both have volunteered a lot of time for the Obama campaign and are anxious/excited to see the results. I think they plan to have at least a dozen people over to (hopefully) celebrate.

4. yoppie macrumors 6502a

A group of grad students from different departments are getting together to watch the returns. I'll most likely hang out with them.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Tell them not to get too anxious over the exit polls. A huge chunk of Obama voters voted early, so won't be polled. Gotta wait until states are called.

6. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Our politics class were going to go to a pub for a bit, but we're not all 18 :(

I guess i'll just be staying up through the night, no parties for me...

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Me and the boyfriend are going to stay in and watch. We don't really have friends. ;)

8. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Some of us Canucks are getting together at a buddy's igloo to wait for news by sled dog.

9. jplan2008 macrumors regular

And they shouldn't get too excited by the early official numbers, either.

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

What? The Great White North is already frozen over! A little early this year isn't it?

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I'll just be sitting at home watching the results with a few beers. If the election goes well (the way I'd prefer) it will be celebratory drinking, if it goes poorly I'll be drowning my sorrows. Either way, it'll be interesting.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm going to my friend Gabe's. A lot of people I know are going to the rally in Grant Park. It's going to be a nightmare down there though.

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Nah, the glacier starts to advance mid-August. This year we got four days of summer, instead of the usual two and a half! I even bought one of your "tea shirts".

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well, I just picked up my fall shipment of Syrahs over the weekend... Might be a good night to crack open one of them and see how 2006 tastes.

15. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Same with my girlfriend and I. Our plan for Tuesday is to go vote, eat, then sit at home the rest of the day.

16. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Ah, the American dream :D

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We partied this weekend. I'm tired, so hopefully after I finish up with work and the other things I need to do (among them voting, though by the time I do, it'll probably already be called for him) I can go to bed and get some sleep knowing we have someone else coming in to office who won't suck that much. If he loses, I'll be calling in sick the next day and sleeping in, thanks to some Benedryl.