Elementary School Evacuated Due To Bomb Threat by Middle Eastern Woman

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Fancuku, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So a woman with a few "mental health concerns" shows up at a school and tells the people there she wants to take the kids to heaven. The normal thing to do in this situation would be to call the police, and keep her occupied until they get there. But because she's of middle eastern descent, everyone assumes the worst, evacuates the school, calls the bomb squad, and now we have a PRSI thread about it.

Classy.

3. boast macrumors 65816

boast

If Trump was president we would have scrambled the F16s too!

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

He'd have carpet bombed the area, and made the survivors pay for it.

5. thermodynamic, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The disproportionate amount of threats and issues from one sect is only going to encourage profiling. Usually terrorists are going to operate in shrouded secrecy since what they do is a little more alarming than sharing PB&J recipes at a weekly social club event.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    Just like how Iraq's oil paid for that war (though in reality, it never had... this (noting Cheney's own observation of how Iraq would react if invaded also ties into the comment of how the oil would pay only if there was peace) and this )

The US keeps paying and paying. Especially when seeing nothing in return. But that depends on perception and the ability to see...
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    Profiling. Nobody likes it but after x number of incidents... now maybe if there are more Timothy McVeighs that start acting despotic then maybe they can be profiled more, too! (But the bigger picture isn't even that hyperbole...)

What a nut-filled world... :rolleyes:

6. unlinked macrumors 6502a

That or it was the wire hanging out of her purse.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I would argue anyone willing to strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up (not like it hasn't happened in today's world) has a few "mental health concerns" but hindsight is 20-20. The woman had a wire sticking out of her purse. If they don't evacuate the school and she blows up then you're gonna claim the school was ignorant to the warning signs. The fact that nothing happened means we get to play PC arm chair QB and snuggle around the campfire and tell stories about our crippling white guilt.

8. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

She should sue the school for $15,000,000, and demand an apology.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It's a gross overreaction based upon nothing but the most superficial of evidence is what it is. You can call any condemnation it of white guilt if you want, but the reaction itself could easily be labeled with flipside of that coin: white fear.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

We've almost gotten to the point were the perceived prejudice is too much for us to handle. The bomb itself is the lesser of two evils. Tell ya what, we'll catch them after they blow themselves up.

Hey I found some evidence over here, lets ID it. Yep, as we suspected. This guy/gal is busted. You're under arrest, severed arm and half torso. After a 12 year trial with 3 appeals for racial bias, you're getting sentenced to the strictest probation we have. Supervised.

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

What bomb?

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

Literally incoherent.

You been drinking?

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

there was a reason for the bomb squad.
    she is nuts, but "lucid" enough to put wires on the outside of the purse. she should have made a clock & she would have received an invite to the WH :D

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

There was reason for a good amount of concern, but not the reaction this got. Hell, I just got through watching this, and the whole thing is just...RIDICULOUS! I love how the news anchor talks about the woman MAKING IT ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT DOOR!

...well yeah, it's a public school. I could go to all 5 around me and walk through the front door without anyone giving me any grief beyond a "may a help you?" It's not like they're on perpetual lockdown or anything.

The did the right thing corralling the woman and calling the police, but that whole "hold your students...HOLD YOUR STUDENTS" evacuation procedure over one old lady making vaguely sinister remarks is beyond the pale. They went from zero to full on DEFCON 1 at the drop of a hat, didn't they?

I've already set my bombs ahead an hour for Spring Forward. Don't forget to do the same!

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

better to over react than to find out her relatives where just waiting outside :eek:.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, you can tell from listening to the 911 call that that woman is about to go all Jihadi on everyone. DIS IS NOT RIGHT!

You know, after hearing that call, I'd almost think that the concerns surrounding the wires hanging out of the purse was nothing more than a made up excuse to save some face, and justify everyone screaming like panicked children. It was probably yarn or something.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they should be more like my hometown. new thread in a sec.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The fact that she didn't have a bomb doesn't take away from the perceived threat. Electrical wire hanging out of the woman's purse and her stating she wants to take the children to heaven. I don't know, maybe take what she says at face value? Protect the kids instead of worrying about what the PC police is going to say.

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

This isn't so much about being PC as it is applying an appropriate response to a potential threat. They assumed the absolute worst based on very little evidence, and panicked in a very unprofessional manner.

I mean have you watched that video in the link I posted above? It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

She wanted to show the kiddies her homemade digital clock. White House invitation in the mail.

21. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The principal is responsible for the kids. Mentally disturbed or not, no one has the time to hand the woman a self assessment of mental health for her to fill out before they decide on the appropriate response. You don't have any idea how large or small scale it is. Two "Middle eastern" guys leave a U-haul parked out in front of O'hare and **** is gonna get put on lock down and evacuated. A woman shows up to a school with wire hanging out of her purse stating she wants to take kids to heaven, I'd expect a similar response.