Elizabeth Smart Fires a Shot at Trump, His Rhetoric and Surrogates

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Some might say - who cares about what Elizabeth Smart says. I think many do. I think many consider her to be a hero in her own story of survival.

The worst part about it is listening to people trying to belittle it, just saying, 'Well, it's locker-room talk, it's locker-room banter,' " she says. Anyone belittling sexual violence, sexual abuse, they're doing a huge disservice to victims of violent crimes, violent sexual abuse. There's no justifying it — ever."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/14/1582373/-Elizabeth-Smart-Belittling-sexual-violence-is-huge-disservice-to-victims-of-violent-sexual-abuse

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
When a Mormon runs for president, he's a member of a religious cult. When a Mormon complains about Donald Trump, she's a hero.
I find it pretty low to belittle Elizabeth after what she went through. It's actually pretty soul-less.

ETA: She's not a hero for putting Trump in his place. Do you know her story?

So is referring to her as a bimbo. Truly disgusting.

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
I find it pretty low to belittle Elizabeth after what she went through. It's actually pretty soul-less.

ETA: She's not a hero for putting Trump in his place. Do you know her story?

So is referring to her as a bimbo. Truly disgusting.
I wasn't calling her a bimbo. ;)

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Bimbo eruptions. :confused:

But, it's okay for Hillary to say it.
Hillary didn't say it. Betsy Wright, a member of Bill's campaign coined that term. You could argue that HRC may have spoken through or encouraged her, but those words didn't emanate from her lips.

Oh. And I've said it.

And some people think I shouldn't have said it as well.

Reactions: webbuzz

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Elizabeth Ann Smart-Gilmour[2] (born November 3, 1987) is an American activist and contributor for ABC News. She first gained national attention at the age of 14 when she was abducted from her home in Salt Lake City and rescued nine months later. Smart is also a musician who has played harp on national television in the United States.[3]
Why does anyone care about this person? Is it her harp skills?

Obviously Trumps comments are detestable, and will probably cost him the election. The sad part is that you are stuck with Clinton who is a filthy corrupt POS.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Well now thats what happens when you don't pay any taxes for 18 years.
Thats what happens when you mess with the Clinton News Network and her corrupt band of special interests.
[doublepost=1476496693][/doublepost]
I literally have no words to the above. Maybe because you're based in Canada and her story wasn't big there.
No I wasn't based in Canada until 6 years ago, unless her story is recent...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Thats what happens when you mess with the Clinton News Network and her corrupt band of special interests.

2002. Maybe you're too young then. I really don't know many people, if any, that doesn't know the name at the very least. Huge story. Especially since she was found.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
2002. Maybe you're too young then. I really don't know many people, if any, that doesn't know the name at the very least. Huge story. Especially since she was found.
2002? Oh, there you go digging up ancient history. Who can remember that far back? :cool:

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008

Do the math, ZA.

Born in 1987. Abducted at the age of 14. That puts her incident at 2001. Seeing that you became an ex-pat 6 years ago, you were definitely old enough to know her story as it was national news for those 9 months.

So your lack of knowledge of this can be only of ignorance or naivety. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it is the latter, but only just.

And beware of those Mormons; they are closer to winning the White than Trump this election.

BL.

Reactions: zioxide