Elizabeth Warren for President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If anybody's still looking for Obama to step aside in favor of another candidate, I think we've found her.

This woman is really starting to impress me. I know she's thinking of running against Scott Brown, but IMO there are two places she can make an even more positive impact: running for president in either this election or the next one, or unifying and rallying middle class voters into an oppositiion voice to the poverTea Party.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

She's not thinking about running against Scott Brown. She IS running against Scott Brown.

Sh'e way too good to be a serious candidate for Prez..

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sorry -- I'd heard a reference to her "exploratory committee". In any case, I like her style.

4. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I like her rhetoric. Very on point and she says some things that makes me nod.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You have just sealed her demise, at the hands of the Illuminati. :(

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

7. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I've heard several interviews with her since the bubble burst and I was always impressed. She has been on The Daily Show several times and her interview on Planet Money may still be available and well worth listening to.

8. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nice to hear a politician speak facts and truth. Corporate interests will never let her get elected.

10. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Anyone else her find her incredible sexually attractive? Something about her... even for an lady of an older age, her intellect alone makes her very attractive. :D

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Speak for yourself. she's younger than me.;)

[edit]

nvm.. she's 62

Still attractive though !

Wow. she's an Okie too !!

[/edit]

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Don't all these people say they will get in and change Washington for the better. So far none of them have done that.

13. acurafan macrumors 6502a

they all say the same BS, they don't accomplish any of it. you want real change, get rid of all the lunatics in the house and senate.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Until we get all the corporate and PAC money out of it, it doesn't matter who you elect as they are all bought and paid for. If they aren't when they arrive, wanting to be re-elected causes them to sell out.

15. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Some actually attempt to break-through the "vetting" process, and get in to actually try to do good. But the System grinds them down soon enough.

Ever see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? :)

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And that is why so far every politician that has campaigned on change is just lip service. They are either nieve or great salesman to get votes.

I don't want a first timer running for president. Obama hasn't learned how to play politics to get anything done and I think has gotten in over his head the same way Bush Jr did.

17. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Really?

Healthcare Reform
    Credit Card Reform
    Banking Regulations and Reform
    Wall St. Reform
    Saved the auto industry
    Repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell
    Lobbyist Reform
    Stopped hemoraging of jobs and reversed trend into recession
    We still have banks
    Cash for Clunkers
    Gained access to Swiss bank records
    Added "off-budget" items to budget so we actually know what's being spent
    Withdrawing from Iraq
    Surged in Afghanistan
    Got Bin Laden
    Ended Stop-Loss program (the one that allowed Bush to keep soldiers past their recruitment periods)
    Ended Bush policy of allowing no-bid defense contracts
    New GI bill
    Two women on Supreme Court, including an Hispanic woman
    Lilly-Ledbedder (enforcement of equal pay for women)
    Streamlined education loan program ($87B savings)
    Signed Order to limit tarmac delays (actually noticible if you fly much)
    New direction for NASA

There are a TON more. Here is a more comprehensive list.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't care what people say heath care has not been reformed. I am still paying up the ass im premiums and they still say that they won't pay for routine visits.

As far as I see it the recession has not been reversed and we are still hemorrhaging jobs.

How is there a new direction for NASA, at the moment it doesn't have a direction. We were going to the moon and then Mars, those were both cancelled.

19. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Acknowledging that politicians say one thing and do another, nevertheless Warren does appear to be a much better fighter than Mr. Obama. Obama's lifelong modus operandi has always been to get everyone together to sing Kumbaya, which is why he makes such a reluctant warrior for the middle class. Warren, on the other hand, pissed off the Republicans so bad that they blocked Obama's nomination of her to lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which she created. They're not afraid of Barry, but they're afraid of her. That gives her a pretty good amount of street cred in my book.

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Blame the republicans for that one, not Obama. They have their head so far up their asses, won't ever make a compromise for anything but $$$$$. What a bunch of entitled ****wads.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You are aware that the bulk of the AHCA hasn't even been implemented yet.

22. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

WE built roads with OUR tax money earned from someone else working a job (capitalism).
    WE pay for the education system with tax dollars taken from the fruits of MY work (capitalism).
    WE paid the police and first responders with money taken from us as TAXES from what WE earned working thousands of hours of WORK each year (capitalism).
    Didn't have to worry about marauding bands?
    Guards the company was paying for because the taxes used to pay for Police wasn't working well enough
    UNDERLYING SOCIAL CONTRACT???? I hope she runs>going to be a great laugh.
    As if having the second highest corporate tax rate just isn't enough for the folks needing $16 muffins.
    I think she should run, and I am not surprised she would be championed here in the intellectual capital of politics!:p:p:p