Elizabeth Warren Just Eviscerated the Wells Fargo CEO

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 20, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If people don't go to jail over this it will prove that our democracy is owned by Wall Street.

2. thermodynamic, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Wow.

((Also, I hope she's as impassioned about for-profit colleges and how they have scammed people. (No, that is not the same as being a paid instructor and how much influence an instructor has in regard to a college's management, along with other factors...) ))

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

When he did, he said it was all public record - for which she was quick to remind him.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

All 5,300 employees should face criminal prosecution along with the CEO and compliance officer.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

She hurt my feelings, and I am not even Wells Fargo CEO. Lol. Dayum.

7. zin macrumors 6502

This is the version of Warren that didn't sell out to the puppet candidate owned by Wall Street.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Damn, that was awesome. I'm going to go look for the hearings. Very curious what other Senators did.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Get back to me when somebody is actually charged and prosecuted. I'm still waiting for charges against any Wall Street banker responsible for the 2008 financial meltdown.

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I want to be Elizabeth Warren when I grow up.

11. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

She's another ****ing phony in this dog and pony show. She did not support auditing the federal reserve. To get rid of all the vampires, you have to kill dracula first.

12. pdqgp, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

The irony to her comments is LOL. Think Clinton.

Should have deleted more emails I suppose.

Should have just plead the 5th like a broken record like the Clinton email dude.

Again, the irony of serving jail time, etc. and all these events compared to Clinton's fraud and lies is laughable. No less wrong either.

The cashier would serve time yet Clinton gets a free ride. Warren needs to eat her own words and give that speech to her friend Hil liar y.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There's a reason she isn't Clinton's running mate, Wall Street told Hillary no.

14. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Blah Blah, now go vote for Hillary Clinton who is owned by Wells Fargo.

All smoke. Small dog, big bark, no bite.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Make bold red note in calendar, retire before she has a chance to become President. She could mess up some delicate back-scratching arrangements LOL.

Maybe. But anyone in Wall Street backing HRC over Trump right now, might watch this and then wish the RNC had managed to put up someone like Kasich to be a little more sure how all this will play out...

16. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

LOL, keep believing that. You don't pay hundreds of millions to worry. No one is going to jail under Hillary's watch.

Trump is more likely to try and get these people arrested just because he'd probably consider it payback for some business debt he owed to WF at some point.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Speaking of debts.. what's wrong with the WF CEO's hand there in the hearings. He punched out a wall? or does he collect the debts personally?

18. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Some of those $12 an hour tellers needed to be taught a lesson in consequences for breaking up a good racket.

19. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

i don't disagree with your points. but at least shes doing something. unlike most republicans who would kiss wells fargo's CEO and ask for a cut of the settlement.

20. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

If it was republican they would be up there saying shady upselling was the result of federal regulations and high corporate taxes...

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

CEO and compliance officer would be sufficient.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nah..he'd be quiet because with the skeletons that man has payback, much like karma, would be a bitch.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Now lets see if the FBI actually responds to the official letter sent from a sitting US Senator asking for a complete breakdown of their investigation of the 15 Bank CEOs/board members who were recommended for prosecution by the Senate report on the financial meltdown.

I'm expecting crickets from an agency that was clearly told by Eric Holder to do nothing...so he could leave and get his job back as a lobbyist for the industry.