Elizabeth Warren Releases DNA Test Results

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Europa13 macrumors 6502

“And we will say, ‘I will give you $1 million to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian,’ ” Trump said, to cheers and applause from the audience. “And let’s see what she does, right? I have a feeling she will say no. But we’ll hold that for the debates.”

2. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

He won't pay up. He never does...

3. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Now if Trump could just release his tax returns.

5. darksithpro, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Posted on another forum, but i'll post it here:

"Cherokee tribal citizenship requires that you have at least one direct ancestor listed on the Dawes Final Rolls, a federal census of those living in the Cherokee Nation that was used to allot Cherokee land to individual citizens in preparation for Oklahoma statehood in 1907.

If you don't have that, then you're not Cherokee and shouldn't go around claiming to be."

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1051817262796197889

"Elizabeth Warren’s test fails to meet the standard required for claiming Native American tribal ancestry Funny how the media reports forgot to mention this part"

6. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

You're shifting the goalposts. She claimed to have Native American blood. She did not claim to be a member of the Cherokee tribe.

Source.

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Citing notorious white supremacists for support on this issue doesn't really help with the credibility of your arguments.

8. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

What have I posted that is factually untrue? She doesn't have enough Native American DNA to claim she is one, yet she has claimed to be a monitory in the past.

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

As already noted, she isn't claiming tribal citizenship. You're applying the wrong standard.

10. Huntn, Oct 15, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Hot off the presses, Trump about Warren DNA test: Who cares?
    Answer: The people who know you are a male chauvinist pig, sexual predator, idiot, bully, and liar. You lost, you big fat loser. Get that pen out and right that check. We won’t hold our breaths.

Trump coined her Pocahontas to mock and bully her while insulting native Americans. They showed a clip of Trump at the White House, honoring a WWII (?) Native American veteran and he (Trump) said: They call her Pocahontas, but I like you. The elusive, imaginary “they” who Trump often refers to as his cheer leaders.

He is the only one who called Warren, Pocahontas. :mad:

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Just read that. Such a liar. He claims he never said it...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/...aritable-offer-to-warren-for-proving-heritage

12. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

He said "I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the (DNA) test and it shows you're an Indian". She does not meet that criteria

13. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

I will take the words of the great Lakota holy man, Black Elk on this matter as the final word.

Black Elk, a famous wičháša wakȟáŋ (medicine man and holy man) of the Oglala Lakota (Sioux) said, “ I am an Indian. If you have one drop of Indian blood in your veins, then you are Indian.”

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Keep trying to defend his comments. His teasing. And moving the goalpost. Now we know he will never pay up. He never does. Just another in a long line of lies that he will never own up to.

15. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Again, does this test prove she's a Native American?

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I wonder if those pushing this ridiculously hyper-technical and largely irrelevant argument know how foolish it looks to the general public. Warren is now an all-but certain candidate for president. Continuing to argue that she doesn't count as Native American, despite the DNA test results, will backfire on those making it. Sometimes, you need to understand when to shut up and drop a losing argument.

17. darksithpro, Oct 15, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

No it won't. Again, she does not meet the criteria, or standards to claim she's a Native American.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

She's not claiming to be a Native American. She is claiming she has Native American ancestry. And she does.

19. raqball macrumors 68000

Yeah funny stuff....

This means she could be 1/1024th Native American if the ancestor is 10 generations back, Bustamante said.

Heck I might be 1/10000000000000th Martian for all I know... LOL

20. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

She has self identified in the past of being a minority. That's dishonest. She does not meet that criteria by DNA standards.

21. raqball macrumors 68000

She is not a liar :p .... She is just a misunderstood undocumented Indian.. You know kinda like how looters are undocumented shoppers...

22. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

That for sure would explain a lot.....

But as always Trump proofs himself the smaller man.

23. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Her new campaign slogan: Warren 1/1,024 for President 2020!:p