Ellen Feiss Interviewed

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Ah, but the REAL question remains: Was she STONED? :p

[Edit: Hm, she was on Benedryl, huh? How anti-climatic... ;) of course, I doubt she'd actually admit to being on any illegal substances anyway... If that's what she says, though, I believe her.]

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Let's just hope she remembers what made her famous (Apple) if she gets an MTV show.

Now it's time to start the count down of how long it'll take for that site to get slash dotted and crash and burn (.asp? it looks like it's on NT! watch out!)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Oh, this is fantastic - I really wanted to see someone interview her -

We didn’t think we were going to make ads; we were just going to get the free set food. Can be taken as the munchies?

Are you OK with all the Web sites, and people walking around wearing your face on their T-shirts?
Oh, whatever, I think it’s kind of funny. These people don’t have lives.

I got a lot of crazy offers. I thought if I went on Letterman, it would be like I go on Letterman, and then I go on “Regis and Kelly,” and then I go on Channel 5 News, and then it would kind of fizzle out pathetically. MTV’s a little cooler.

She's also pretty smart and seems rather well grounded.

Has Apple tried to contact you since all this happened?
They contacted me to supposedly advise me. They were like, “We don’t really want you to take this anywhere,” but I decided to get an agent anyway. I went to Macworld in July. It seems like the kind of thing where if you’re not in the biz …. I thought it was the most boring thing. I got shuttled down to New York, and I got VIP seating, and I was like, “Wow, I’m at the Oscars or something,” but then I was like, “No, I’m at Macworld.” I met Steve Jobs. He called me by my first name — clever, huh? It was brief.

Hmm, wonder why Apple is against the fame aspect - makes her no longer part of the regular people? Strange.

Very cool - I'm sure the fan sites are eating this up.

D

Billy_ca

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2002
Funniest part of the interview:

they wanted me to be in one of their movies, but since they found out how old I was they don’t think I can be in one

Second funniest part of the interview:

and I was like, “Wow, I’m at the Oscars or something,” but then I was like, “No, I’m at Macworld.”

unclepain

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2002
Va Beach VA
"Hmm, wonder why Apple is against the fame aspect - makes her no longer part of the regular people? Strange."

Well, the reason Apple doesn't want her to draw too much attention is because of why she is famous. I mean, let's face it- if she didn't look stoned in the ads, people would never be talking about Ellen Feiss. I doubt Apple really wants that kind of PR.

MTV watching teenager- "Wow, Ellen is cool cause everyone tells me she smokes pot. Sweet! I'm gonna buy a Mac cause they're good computers for stoners."

robguz

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2002
Well the Benadryl part is totally believable. I've had terrible allergies all my life and even a couple years ago my boss said I looked stoned cuz my eyes were so glazed over too. I also remember being a teen, before they had the non-drowsy meds like Allegra and I spent 3 months every spring in a half asleep daze when taking allergy meds. I still won't even take older allergy meds as an adult unless I am trying to fall asleep. It's funny, because in the interview, she talks exactly like you'd expect her too--doesn't sound scripted at all which is refreshing.

merkn

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2002
college
they are

Originally posted by unclepain
MTV watching teenager- "Wow, Ellen is cool cause everyone tells me she smokes pot. Sweet! I'm gonna buy a Mac cause they're good computers for stoners."
well, they are, aren't they?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
allergies!!

Duh!!! :eek:

we knew it had to be something...u know...

since we don't have lives or anything...

he he...poor ellen..."here's a tissue for your runny nose" :D

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
A lot of people, (the media included) have an unnatural obsession with this girl. T shirts?? cofee mugs???

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by Thirteenva
A lot of people, (the media included) have an unnatural obsession with this girl. T shirts?? cofee mugs???
The only Ellen Feiss printed item I've seen is the one in the Apple Store along with all the other switch ad people. I don't think I'd ever want to have an Ellen Feiss shirt or mug - I'd not want to be seen in public with the things.

Like she said, people need to get a life. And the look alike contest was pretty damn funny, though.

D

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by dukestreet

The only Ellen Feiss printed item I've seen is the one in the Apple Store along with all the other switch ad people. I don't think I'd ever want to have an Ellen Feiss shirt or mug - I'd not want to be seen in public with the things.

Like she said, people need to get a life. And the look alike contest was pretty damn funny, though.

D
There's a site... ellenfeiss.net i believe... they have frisbees, mugs, t-shirts, mouse pads, the whole deal. More stuff than the MR store. ;)

Anyone surprised she's only 15? looked older to me. still does. although it seems like 15 year olds all look about 20 these days. All the additives in just about any food... it seems.

nickmcghie

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
UCLA
hahahhaa!... look whats happening to the website:

HTTP Error 403

403.9 Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected

This error can be caused if the Web server is busy and cannot process your request due to heavy traffic. Please try to connect again later.

Please contact the Web server's administrator if the problem persists.
looks like the doing of all those people at slashdot.org.. hehe =)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by Moxiemike

Anyone surprised she's only 15? looked older to me. still does. although it seems like 15 year olds all look about 20 these days. All the additives in just about any food... it seems.

Wha huh?!

I could swear she's about my age. There's just no way she can be 15, I don't think I know any other 15 years olds that look that 18 like that.

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Originally posted by agreenster
Dell has Steve

Apple has Ellen

Both kinda quirky, both irresistable.

Maybe they should get together. :rolleyes:
Dude, did you read the interview? :p

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by Moxiemike

There's a site... ellenfeiss.net i believe... they have frisbees, mugs, t-shirts, mouse pads, the whole deal. More stuff than the MR store. ;)

I actually figured she was 13 or 14. I don't think she looks older. I'm only 24 but for some reason, anything under 20 seems like "just a kid".

Sh*t, i'm getting old, ahhhhhhh :(

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Ah, I knew the server would probably get overloaded (that's why I made a PDF of the page early this morning :D)

Here's what you missed

Do you feel any connection to the Dell dude?
No, none whatsoever. That guy’s a doofus. I
get a lot of, “What if you guys had kids?” And
I’m like “What if we had kids?” Why would
you ask that? What a weird question. They’d
probably be blond.