Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I have been given a broken Emac 800mhz, white door... it is supposed to have a new ano board fitted but still can't start up, it is dead as a dodo.
I have checked plugs cables connectors and PRAM battery, i have found that the internal fuse has blown, so i put in another and it blew again as soon as i put the power plug in the wall.
I have checked the Fan assembly with a ohmmeter and it reads ok with zero's.
Advice please what should i be looking at next, what would blow the fuse ? its out of warrenty , so i need to do it myself?
Also where can i get parts for Emacs?
Thank you
macbaz UK

macbaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2004
Emac 800mhz ATI

Thanks for your reply, do you mean the "Down Converter board" ?
Regards
Baz UK :confused:

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
is it a starndard fuse? if so someone may have replaced it with an incorrect one if someone with the same emac could post the spec on his fuse you could check before shelling out for a new power supply

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Another thought, and maybe a silly one: Is the voltage switch in the right mode? Don't know if there still is one, on the newest Macs it automatically switches to the correct mode.

macbaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I have checked and i think the voltage is set ok, but i can't find any where to find the spec on the Emac 800 ATI internal fuse.
The fuse at the moment is a small ceramic 6.3v!
Regards
Baz :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.