Email Sent To Tim Cook Regarding lack of features on iPhone 4 (iOS6)

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by hazygnome, Jun 13, 2012.

1. hazygnome macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, i sent the following to tim cook by email what is your opinion? ps if you would like to send your own opinion to him you probably already know his email but as a reminder its simply tcook@apple.com

T Cook

i have been an apple fan for many years iPods, iPhones, iPads, MacBooks the lot I've had and still use them daily but i have a real issue with the way certain things happen (i.e the release of ios6) as like many apple fanboys i was eagerly awaiting the announcement of the new iOS and Mac OS and i was watching the WWDC online thanks to live streaming from a justintv user, i was very happy with the new additions to both the OS.

BUT

i was later to discover that all is not as rosy as first expected like the fact that the iPhone 4 will not be getting siri nor turn by turn navigation or 3g FaceTime, when we all know they are capable, now being perviously in business my self i have a vague idea of how things work there i.e. by restricting certain things from older devices it would cause the end user to upgrade and their device thats how its always worked as with iOS 5.

BUT

many of us iPhone 4 users were eagerly awaiting the iPhone 5 with many hopes of something worth oohing and arhhing unlike the the 4s which yes was decent but not as we was expecting ( new design, new screen, 4g, NFC, better camera , etc etc) so we chose to wait now we knew the 5 would not be announced at WWDC2012 as the 4s has not reached its 1st birthday and would make no finical sense.

BUT

us apple fanboys have been very loyal to Apple, Steve Jobs, and yourself for many years so in return it would be nice to know that apple could show their appreciation and give us a little respect by allowing us the full us of the new upgrades with out having to buy a middle line device as you know as well as we know we will all buy the next generation iPhone when it is released but feel we shouldn't be made to buy the middle gen just for certain applications of the new iOS

Yes some one will release a jail break with the option to turn the extras on in someway but the end users don't really like to take this route as we are loyal and would just like to not be excluded because we won't upgrade our devices to a half cut addition and want the full Mccoy….

i know you probably will not read this yourself and infact you probably will not even be notified of this email as I'm just a small fish in a large ocean, but i would appreciate it if the person who does read this will put it in the right direction to those who can make the changes to maybe iOS 6.1

and also a reply to show acknowledgement

Thanks Taking The Time To Read This

Jason Oliver ( A Very Disgruntled Apple Fan)

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Yikes. I hope you really didn't send that. Why on earth would Tim read and respond to something with numerous spelling errors and something that just seems like a long rant?

4. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

It's a two year old phone. Can't really expect it to have all of the latest features.

5. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

You can when there isn't a technical limitation.

6. hazygnome thread starter macrumors newbie

well to be fair i was ranting, it was rushed and there is no excuse for the bad spelling and grammar but so so..

7. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

so you are mad that your 4 won't get all the iOS 6 features, but you will for sure buy the next iPhone that will have everything. and iOS 6 won't be released till either the day of or right before the release of the new iPhone.

I guess i'm missing something on where you will be missing out on features if you plan on upgrading to the next iPhone right away

8. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Not to stir the pot, but I would like to see the number of 2 year old andriod phone that are able to run 4.0

9. gopnick macrumors regular

That made my eyes hurt. I mean this kindly (truly, to help you) but I'd delete your email without blinking.

Keep it to one paragraph and eliminate run-on sentences, major grammatical issues, etc....

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

thats some pretty big run on sentences!

i doubt you get a reply. maybe one of the exec relations will respond, (one emailed me back on the time i had issues transfering my unlimited data)

11. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

12. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

exactly.

im disappointed that the features don't work on my iphone 4 but that is correct it doesn't matter to me because i purposely didn't get the 4s so i could get this one.:D

13. hazygnome thread starter macrumors newbie

Fair comment, but i didn't state that i would be upgrading immediately but sometime soon after.

Still a very fair point you make

14. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Good rant you did there, you definitly will get a reply to that... :rolleyes:

15. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I think this post deserves a "Cool Story Bro!" post.:D

16. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I definitely think it's okay to vent your dissatisfaction, but i don't feel this was carried out very well as you had no valid points. It comes off as written by a middle school student. Sorry.

17. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Poor Tim (or his assistants), he has/they have to read all the ridiculous emails. OP, please understand that adding killer features to a 2-year-old phone will cause the current one to be less appealing.

18. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

The iPhone 4 is almost 2 years old (2 years next month). Apple are still letting you upgrade to iOS 6 just taking out some features. Look at android, even some of the phones newer than the iPhone 4 can't upgrade, so stop whining. To be fair, you don't really have a valid point.

That paragraph was poorly written and to be frank, you've made yourself look like an utter idiot.

Good luck getting a reply.

19. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Did anyone REALLY think they were going to put Siri on the iPhone 4 when it wasn't on there after the iPhone 4S was released? Seriously?

They are providing these updates for FREE! There's nothing wrong with the software that's running on the iPhone 4 now, there's no reason for them to upgrade you to iOS 6 at all! But they are.

If you've got to have the latest and greatest OS features, then buy a phone every year! Apple makes it pretty easy by creating a device that loses very little of its value. If you take care of your phone so you can sell it every year, you can easily upgrade every year to the newest model. I do it every year, and I've never paid more than $200 extra. To be honest, I only lost money on the iPhone 3GS. Since then, what I've made by selling the phone has always been the same, if not more than the cost to upgrade. I even switched from AT&T to Verizon when the iPhone 4 came out on Verizon, and I STILL didn't pay extra, even with buying out of my AT&T contract.

It can be done, young grasshopper. If you don't want to go through the trouble, then enjoy your perfectly functioning two-year-old phone that may not have the latest, greatest software.

20. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

I certainly wouldn't if I were he.

Some people never cease to amaze me.

21. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

I cannot believe you sent an email to the CEO of Apple and said "us Apple fanboys have been very loyal to Apple".

Jesus wept ...

22. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Did you at least spell check that mess before sending?

23. Flojomojo macrumors newbie

Flojomojo

Hi Jason,

If you bought your iPhone 4 when it was new, you're probably done with your contract. The iPhone 4S has the features you want and you can buy one today for as little as $199.

Thanks for choosing Apple!

Tim
    Sent from my iPhone

24. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

On another note, iOS 6 is running very smoothly on my iPhone 4. Scrolling, moving between menus, and going to/from the home screen (albeit not on a full home screen, I always use 3 rows, or 3 rows + 1 app at most) is very smooth.

If the final release has a UI as smooth as the first beta, people will be very pleased.

25. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Why did you write a book...?

Here:

Probably could use better choice of words but sure hell beats a multi-paragraph rant.

----------

I expected it to have everything but Siri. And iPhone 4S to have everything but NFC...ect