Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
If I do the new right-to-left swipe on an email in my Gmail inbox, instead of getting the "More/Trash" option I get "More/Archive." A little research revealed that if I go to the mail settings and click on the account I can change archive to trash.

Except that this option is not available. Any ideas, please?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If I do the new right-to-left swipe on an email in my Gmail inbox, instead of getting the "More/Trash" option I get "More/Archive." A little research revealed that if I go to the mail settings and click on the account I can change archive to trash.

Except that this option is not available. Any ideas, please?

Settings-->Mail, Contacts, Calendars-->Gmail (under accounts)-->Account (followed by your email)-->Advanced (at the bottom)-->Move Discarded Messages Into: -->Select Deleted Mailbox

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
So I followed that all the way to advanced. Drafts Mailbox is still Drafts (which is fine). Deleted Mailbox is now Trash. Archive Mailbox is All Mail. And my Move Discarded Messages into Deleted, when I go back to email and do the swipe I still have the same options, with Archive remaining.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So I followed that all the way to advanced. Drafts Mailbox is still Drafts (which is fine). Deleted Mailbox is now Trash. Archive Mailbox is All Mail. And my Move Discarded Messages into Deleted, when I go back to email and do the swipe I still have the same options, with Archive remaining.

Really? Quite strange, I get the Delete option, not archive. When you finished, you hit Done, not Cancel, correct? Hmm, try restarting your phone? Hard reset helps many things, hold home and power buttons together until your phone restarts, let go when you see the Apple logo.

Let's see if that refreshes everything..if not, we'll go from there..

JPS

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Ah... Went back a screen, clicked Done, and...it's done. Thanks so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.