Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiskaBiscuit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
The problem: Let’s say I‘m writing an email to multiple participants that are listed in some web directory. For example, this directory of the Washington Post’s leadership board. These people are not in my contacts, nor do I want to add them. I’d like to use the native mail client and somehow select several email addresses (try four as an example) from that web page and use them in the To or Bcc fields.

The only way that I’ve found is a kludge, and not even a good one. First, I click on the name of my first recipient to open a new draft in the email client. Then I click on the name field and “select all” and then cut the highlighted email address. Then I close the draft (without saving).

I then click on the second recipient and open another draft. I past the clipboard contents on to the end of the new email address. Then I do a select all, cut, and discard this draft. I keep repeating this step until I have a clipboard full of the recipients and then use that in my actual email.

This sucks. Is there a better way?

ventmore

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
A shortcut is the way to go. Here’s one to get you started:

It puts the addresses into the “to” field, but you can just select all and move them to the “bcc” field when the compose sheet appears.

Just go to the web page then bring up the share sheet and pick the downloaded shortcut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.