Emails keep disappearing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmac4, Jun 28, 2013.

1. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Ok so I have notice several times on my iPhone. The other day I had an email that I did not delete, but just read and left in my inbox. I went back to look for the email, and it was gone. I opened the gmail app and it was still in my inbox on that app. What the heck happened in the mail app? Also I have an exchange work email on my iPhone that is only showing 2 emails in the inbox when I have over 20. What is it doing with my emails?

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Not sure if this will help or not but try checking your "Mail days to Sync" settings located under settings/mail/yourexchangeaccount. Make sure that you don't have it set for less than no limits.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

3. Visionblue macrumors member

I've been having a lot of problems with the email app, too. I lose messages out of my inbox on my iphone as well as the Mail app for Macbook (sometimes they don't show up at all but I get a notification from the gmail app). Not only was I losing emails but messages I had sent would end up in the trash for no reason; sometimes without being sent. I simply stopped using both apps and now rely on the gmail app and gmail website only. I've found most of my missing emails by clicking "more"<"all messages" but I don't know how the translates with any other mail box.

4. bmac4 thread starter macrumors 68040

bmac4

Thanks