Emergency how to get iphone on friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mistax, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistax macrumors member

need to pickup a 32gb iphone for my mom now since she wants one @@. I have an apple store by me and i was thinking if i get in line @ 1am i should be fine. anyone have a better recommendation of where to go to avoid supppppperrrlong waits.

2. GFLovesMy9Inchr macrumors member

I'll sell you an unlocked 32gig for $1200.

PM me if you'd like it. I'll overnight it to you and you will have it a day early as well. This was my "test" phone given to me two weeks ago. It's like new, and the final production. Comes with all packaging.

3. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Kill someone leaving the Apple store. If murder isn't your thing, get in line now.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no super secret way of getting the iPhone friday. You're stuck doing what millions of others will be doing waiting in line. You can check stores a little more off the beaten path like radio shack, walmart and best buy but many people are probably already doing that as well.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    :D

6. leenak macrumors 68020

Tell your mom that her iphone will come in a couple weeks and order it from Apple.com.

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

9. Sebrina macrumors member

LOL, millions... thousands mayyyybe. Even that might be a high number last year when the 4S came out I was on Verizon walked to my store at 7am thinking I'd better get there an hour early ended up spending a 1/2 hour in my car until person number 2 finally showed up.

10. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Sounds like your mom is either a bigger apple fan than you or you're just overreacting to her commands (No offense!).

Almost every single AT&T/Verizon/Sprint and Apple stores will have super long queues. Even suburb stores will have lines too. And don't forget the campers! There are always hardcore campers who camp days before. Yes, days before.

But if you can camp at 1am, there is a good chance you will always be the first few.

OR Ask her to keep the fangirl in her for a few days!

11. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

12. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Obama just declared a state of emergency just now.

13. lcs101 macrumors regular

That's just inconceivable.

14. bsmith4832 macrumors regular

This really made my LOL!!

Also, agreed. Get in line now and you'll (more than likely) get one. However, I'd tell my Mom she has to wait in line with me - what the hell do I look like? ;)

15. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

Go to an obscure small-town Wal-Mart if you are close to one. I did that for the 4 and was the only person in line for HOURS. I got there at 3 or 4 am and the next person in line didn't show up until about 6 or 7 am, and then the line started forming. They only usually carry 2 per store so get there early just in case, but I found out that I could have shown up at 5 am and still been ok. But I did call the store ahead of time and ask did they have any iPhones, how many, and did they expect a long line. They answered easliy, yes, 2, and probably not.

16. Inf4life macrumors regular

Inf4life

Need iPhone 5 on Friday = emergency.

1st world problems

17. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

This is the first time I've ever seen "obscure" and "Wal-Mart" in the same sentence.

18. Jnava420 macrumors regular

That crazy?!?!

Is it really gonna get that crazy over the weekend? I mean the last product I can remember being hard to get was the IPad 2 (was first at best buy ha!) it took about a month I think to see good in store stock. I understand the preorders sold out fast but past iPhones have been very well stocked especially at apple stores.

Does anyone really think that they will be so sold out that someone who didn't preorder can't get one by the weekend with a little work (calling around) they might have to settle on a color/capacity so I get why they wouldn't want to buy one but the point being the store has iPhone 5 for sale, I feel like stores will have some kind in.

19. nostresshere macrumors 68030

With the word "emergency" in the title this does not deserve a response.

And, even so, the question has been asked and answered in a few dozen new message threads in the past two days. Can you not read one of those?

20. DMHmac macrumors member

If it's an emergency then quickly go out now and get a 4s, they have them in stock and you won't have to wait.

21. orangecrushv macrumors regular

I think you can call 911 for an emergency, see what they recommend...

22. upmygreen macrumors newbie

It is an emergency that you absolutely need that iphone 5 on friday for mommy dearest? Are you picking up the dry cleaning afterwards? I strongly suggest avoiding wire hangers.

23. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.